You can sell on eBay, but you might not get the price you expect, depending upon who is looking at your listing at that particular time. It will probably expose whatever you are selling to the most potential buyers though.
Film stuff seems to sell well overseas, but when you ship overseas, I find that often there might not be a good way of tracking (if at all), or confirmation of delivery (if at all), and who knows how well insurance will handle a loss. Also beware of people who ask you to ship overseas and then chargeback once you do ship so you are out the item and the money. Without reliable proof (tracking or confirmation), it will be your word against theirs. eBay and Paypal customer service will take buyers word for it every time.
I had one case where a buyer wanted to cheat me, and PayPal / eBay didn't really seem seem to care, nor did they even want to hear what I had to say as a seller. The buyer was their customer, not me as would be expected since I was the one paying them the fees.
I have 400 + (at 100%) feedback on eBay, but I use Craigslist more and more because of eBay / PayPal (same people) and their lousy rules for sellers, and usually crappy customer service.
You can use eBay "completed listings" for a guideline of what people will actually pay for something, but sometimes eBay and PayPal fees can eat you alive. You set a high opening price and get fewer bidders, but eBay prices for your setting a reserve (so you can start at a lower price to attract attention but still get a fair price) are ridiculous. Without the reserve, you won't always get your price for camera equipment. I don't trust No Reserve auctions at all unless I am willing to sell for cheap, and who wants to give their stuff away???
There might be local consignment stores, even pawn shops who wiill sell for 20% of the selling price, then maybe they just just list on eBay - and you can do that yourself.
I have also had amazing luck on Craigslist. Yeah, there are the scammers, but you soon learn to spot their emails as soon as you read them.
Then you get the people who ask if you still have whatever you are selling, then you never hear from them again. Like they never wanted to buy, just wanted to know if you had it...lol.
Scammers will usually refer to what you are selling as an "item", and not mention it specifically by its name.
If you see an email that opens with " -- " on one line by itself. then an inquiry on the next line - for me that turns out to be a scammer 100% of the time.
Most scammers I get use "gmail" addresses.
Recently you get the emails saying "why are you selling" or "I was broke too, had to sell my kids Nintendo (that was such a sad day), but I found this setup where my brothers sisters brothers sister now makes $6M a week, and now I do too" they don't seem to consider that maybe you actually WANT to sell an item, or that you WANT to downsize, or that you are doing it just for fun.
Scammerpeople will send you an email with a link, then they get paid when people click on them.
I have had some bad experiences with PaPal, and do Craigslist as an alternative.
When I sell on eBay, or even Craigslist (if I am willing to ship), I ask for a USPS Money Order (ONLY - NO OTHERS) as payment (until eBay quit allowing Money Orders). I can get it in the mail, then go directly to PO and cash it right there on the spot. The USPS can tell quickly if their own Money Orders are good or counterfeit. You have your cash right away (before you lose what you are selling by shipping it), little chance of financial fraud, and no fees to pay out of the selling and shipping amount. That might make it worth a short wait. Does for me.
I see listings on CL where someone bought film stuff (online, or at a local high end camera store) for a film class or something, then try to sell for same ridiculous prices they paid for their film camera gear by listing back on CL at prices they usually will not ever get.
Film camera lenses will hold their value (even vintage AF lenses) but film camera bodies, and MF lenses won't sell for anywhere near what you wish they would.
In Atlanta, the pawn shops and used camera stores shelves are L-O-A-D-E-D with Nikon film camera bodies (let's say N90S (I have a nice one with a nice back door I got for $25.00) and back) for maybe $50.00 or less each. I would have to be a fool to pay more than that, nor would I ever expect to be able to sell one for any more than that.
Also - when shipping, you will be surprised what kind of camera equipment you can creatively fit into those USPS "Flat Rate Priority Mail" boxes (use foam peanuts or bubblewrap, and ship for around $10.00 or less.
Hope this helps someone out there...