Best PP program for the money?

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey i was just wondering what programs you guys use for editing or programs that you would recommend that aren't super expensive. Thanks guys. I need something to edit these photos. How is NX2?

may as well ask what camera is better...Nikon or Canon.

All of the $80-200 softwares will do much the same. Depends on what you feel like using, brand preference and such.

My personal preference goes to PaintshopPro X2 Ultimate. It will deal with RAW images.

Photoshop Elements is supposed to be a pretty good program for the money, will cover most of your bases.

Capture one 4 LE or Lightroom are raw converters that will let you do a lot of your PP in-program, and if you don't do a lot of localized edits might be good for you.

The best way to find out is to download trials and try the software out.

You need a Masters degree in "Poorly Designed User Interface Navigation" to use it though :lol:

Are you a student or faculty anywhere with valid ID? If so, Photoshop CS4 extended is only $199 and Lightroom 2 is $99 --outstanding value. If not, they're pretty steep.

GimpShop is free and has the look and feel of photoshop. BUT I would always go with photoshop CS4 because it expands your possibilities X100000

Photoshop CS4

For the money.......Photoshop Elements 7 or PaintShop Pro X2 Ultimate.

If you want the industry standard that pro photo editors use......Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 ($1300 for both with no upgrade discounts).

Are you a student or faculty anywhere with valid ID? If so, Photoshop CS4 extended is only $199 and Lightroom 2 is $99 --outstanding value. If not, they're pretty steep.
Does that only apply to students in college? If so then I'm not quite there yet. And what about NX2 is that one any good. And i will look into some of those others. Just i got the trial of cs4 and it just looks so hard when you just look at it as a whole.

I believe the academic discounts include K-12 as well as college, check em out

Most reactions

Back