Does that only apply to students in college? If so then I'm not quite there yet. And what about NX2 is that one any good. And i will look into some of those others. Just i got the trial of cs4 and it just looks so hard when you just look at it as a whole.Are you a student or faculty anywhere with valid ID? If so, Photoshop CS4 extended is only $199 and Lightroom 2 is $99 --outstanding value. If not, they're pretty steep.
I used to have PS7. I used it for years till my computer and disks "dissapeared". I started using Gimp as stand in till I could afford a new copy of PS. I'm still using it and probably won't buy PS because Gimp does everything I need it to do and more. My biggest gripe with it is that it will occasionally freeze up or crash. But so does PS. I definitely recommend Gimp.Drawbacks of GIMP?
ya BUT isnt that only a 1 year license? that will say "Student Edition" all over it? my college offers that same deal too.. but I dont want to spend $200 on it for it to stop working after a yearAre you a student or faculty anywhere with valid ID? If so, Photoshop CS4 extended is only $199 and Lightroom 2 is $99 --outstanding value. If not, they're pretty steep.
How about GIMP, which is free.
No. It doesn't go inactive after a year and none of the output from the program say's student edition. The box it comes in does have Student Edition printed on it.ya BUT isnt that only a 1 year license? that will say "Student Edition" all over it? my college offers that same deal too.. but I dont want to spend $200 on it for it to stop working after a yearAre you a student or faculty anywhere with valid ID? If so, Photoshop CS4 extended is only $199 and Lightroom 2 is $99 --outstanding value. If not, they're pretty steep.
What RAW converters can be used with GIMP? Can they be plugged-in?How about GIMP, which is free.
I second this. I LOVE Gimp and would use it over the more expensive PP programs any day.
What RAW converters can be used with GIMP? Can they be plugged-in?
I think I read that GIMP has finally gotten the capability to process images with a 16-bit color depth.
When do you think GIMP will be able to support the 32-bit color depth that Photoshop supports on 64-bit machines?
Does that only apply to students in college? If so then I'm not quite there yet. And what about NX2 is that one any good. And i will look into some of those others. Just i got the trial of cs4 and it just looks so hard when you just look at it as a whole.Are you a student or faculty anywhere with valid ID? If so, Photoshop CS4 extended is only $199 and Lightroom 2 is $99 --outstanding value. If not, they're pretty steep.