Best upgrade from a 700d

Great news Chris! Two new lenses AND a new camera to use them on! Woo-hoo!!!!! I hope you get some great weather when you get the opportunity to take the new kit out for its first run! It's great that the actual hands-on in London Camera Exchange's showroom was able to help you arrive at a decision that felt best for you. There's nothing better than a hands-on, side-by-side when struggling to make a purchase decision. Specifications are one thing...holding and hefting and sighting through two competing cameras is another thing entirely.

Thanks Derrel. I'd spent hours watching reviews and drooling over the 7dmkii, then picked up the 70d in the shop and decided I liked it. I'll definitely view in person before buying in future.

I'll see how the autofocus performs... but from what I've heard it uses the same system as the old 7d which despite having fewer AF points still gets a lot of good reports so I'm hopeful :). Looking forward to getting used to using a DSLR with proper controls and taking some pics :D. I live by the coast so hoping for some good weather to test the lenses and find some landscapes/birds.

Just need to decide on a long tele now to go with my kit...

I was going to post a new link comparing the two cameras, but pffttt you did your homework and now time to have some fun. (I have 7dmk II and Wifey has 70d) No complaints unless the bird moves, or the sun does not shine, or it rains, or I forget the memory card, or the batteries don't last long enough............... Really no complaints except I wish I had a 1DX and 300 2.8 II with the 600 F4 II and and and and and and and. :) :)

Deciding on your long tele should be much easier than deciding on a camera. Just get the lightweight 1000mm F2.8; case closed! :bouncingsmileys:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back