Best way to shoot "Battle of the Bands" at school

Imagine that! Sharp, clear, well-exposed photographs made with an old,manual focus 135mm f/2.8 lens fitted to a Canon d-slr body by means of a lens mount adapter! And all made by somebody who is inexperienced at shooting stage shows. Imagine that! And after all the chest-puffing and ranting by our Village Idiot about what lousy advice was being given in the thread...imagine that.

Imagine that! Sharp, clear, well-exposed photographs made with an old,manual focus 135mm f/2.8 lens fitted to a Canon d-slr body by means of a lens mount adapter! And all made by somebody who is inexperienced at shooting stage shows. Imagine that! And after all the chest-puffing and ranting by our Village Idiot about what lousy advice was being given in the thread...imagine that.

Imagine that, dress rehearsal for a different show where no one's really doing much. If it's like an actual concert, the final results may be different. We'll just have to wait and see.

I mean, I was giving advice about shooting bands and not a choir concert.

Imagine that, dress rehearsal for a different show where no one's really doing much. If it's like an actual concert, the final results may be different. We'll just have to wait and see.

I mean, I was giving advice about shooting bands and not a choir concert.

I appreciated all the advice...thanks. :D
I DON'T appreciate the battle that has ensued on this thread...no thanks.:x

As it was, these are some of the first ones I have PP'd. I do have some "action shots" and the guy with the bald head was jumping up and down for his shot. I also think that to dismiss a show that my 5 year old and a lot of other people have worked incredibly hard for as a "choir concert" is not fair. If that wasn't your meaning, then you need to change the way you write, as that is how it came across. I'll post one later of the guy with another woman doing "headlong" by Queen. Neither were static, and neither were doing a "Choir Concert".

BTW, my daughter is the little one on the left in the picture with the kids on...cute, eh? :D

These two were "strutting" and "posing" all over the place. They were singing "Headlong" from the Queen Musical "We will Rock You".
It is my belief that these two moved more than any of the bands will do so in the school "battle of the Bands" gig...

What do we reckon?

Headlong Framed by Bend The Light, on Flickr

I don't see what you will have a problem with have fun and you will get the most out of it you take very good pics with what you have and the little girl is very cute. LUCKY DAD

If you had lived a bit nearer you cold have had a play with my 300mmF2.8L

Which bit of chesterfield do you live in...know it reasonably well. Mind you - I play with some nice toys and I would end up sad, becuase there's no way in the foreseeable future that I could afford anything like it. :(

Newbold not far from the new Chesterfield FC ground

I think that lens looks pretty damn good, i manual focus quite often shooting bands so you shouldn't have much trouble

Thanks folks. Good to know I am on the right lines. As it is, maybe 3/4 of the shots I took are keepers, and so far, 1/4 of them are what I think is really good...so for a complete novice at shooting the stage, I'm very pleased!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back