Best wedding gallery service reccomendations?

mycopyguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and I was told this is the best forum for photographers, so here I am with my first question!

I am new to the wedding photography world. I did one wedding but really didn't have a great solution to show the clients their photos online.

What I would like is a service where I can create a personal gallery for the client and then create a user name and/or password and send the client a link to their gallery so they can access their photos.

The best solution would be to have something like this service integrated into my website, or possibly get a website with this feature already built into it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Jerry

Hi Jerry, Welcome to the forum.

I don't have any recommendations off the top of my head...but that is certainly a common feature and it shouldn't be too hard to find software that will do that for your. You could also use a web based host site, but that goes against the idea of being integrated into your site.

Also, do you want people to be able to order photo, right on the web site? Do you want them to be able to pay for them on the site as well? Lastly, do you want the print orders to come directly to you, or would you like them to go directly to a printing service (You obviously have to give the printing company a cut, but it's little or no work for you)?

Again, I don't have a recommendation...but those are some of the options that you should think about when looking for this type of product/service.

I think being able to order photos right off the gallery would be ideal, so I suppose that would be a service I would be interested in. I would prefer they go to a printing service as I don't have a photo printer that can handle those kind of jobs.

I guess I should have mentioned that I would like a web based service so myself and the clients can handle all this onine.

You could try talking to a lab and having a link from the photo that goes directly to the checkout section in the lab, so they can select size, etc. So they click on the photo or photo's they want, it redirects or opens a new window to the checkout section of an online (or local lab with an online section) and they choose what size they want etc. There would have to be some kinks worked out like how you'd get paid. Maybe you could have sizes and prices of the lab listed on your site. Have them pay on your site, it would transfer the order information to the lab and give them their cut (a certain percentage) and put the rest in a bank account. or something along those lines. (i don't know if this is even possible, but it seems logical.)

what about smugmug, if you incorporate the HTML / CSS correctly it looks like an extension of your website. you can upload and password protect anything as well as sell and its like 100 a year for the unlimited pro account.

im sure there are some hangups with it, but so far I havent had any problems, check it out, from my main site go to the EVENTS tab and youll see my smugmug.

uniqimage.com

I also configured the DNS so that you can type prints.uniqimage.com and it takes to you me smugmug site, but its got the header and footer from my website so it matches pretty darn close.

My only complaint is they do put a little smugmug thing on the bottom of your page but its not a big deal to me.

I've used Shutterfly's Pro Gallery Service for almost three years now. It works great for all types of event photography.

Check it out here:

http://www.jimsdigitaldiary.com/digital_picture_printing_services.html

Then click on Shutterfly link in the main body of the page.

(Full disclosure: I'm providing THIS link simply because I have an affiliate relationship with Shutterfly, and stand to benefit from any new customers who link to them through my site)

Once you get to the Shutterfly entry page, click on Professional Photographers link at the bottom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back