Bestbuy Nikon D7000 is discontinued? New upgraded version releasing before XMAS??

bullettproof

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I just left my local bestbuy, I had been there a few times in recent weeks inquiring about the D7000. Unfortunately today they did not have the D7000, I proceeded to ask when they were expecting more? I was told the D7000 is being discontinued for a new improved model that will release before Christmas.

I did not believe it but they showed me in the bestbuy cpu system that it was being discontinued.

Am I the first to hear this?

Well it's still listed on the bestbuy website, but indicates it's on backorder. I suspect what they mean is they don't know exactly when they'll get more in. The D7000 - far as i'm aware - hasn't been discontinued by Nikon, either officially or otherwise, and I doubt if they'd be giving advance notice of a new camera to bestbuy before it's even been officially launched.

I thought it was weird but in there computer system it said discontinued. And the SKU number and been erased.

Well it's still listed on the bestbuy website, but indicates it's on backorder. I suspect what they mean is they don't know exactly when they'll get more in. The D7000 - far as i'm aware - hasn't been discontinued by Nikon, either officially or otherwise, and I doubt if they'd be giving advance notice of a new camera to bestbuy before it's even been officially launched.

Best Buy will be lucky to receive future Nikon bodies on the proper release date after the whole issue they had with putting the D7000 on shelves a week early.

A store can discontinue supply a line (and thus has discontinued display on their internal stock system) without the product itself being discontinued. So it could simply be that the chain isn't going to stock any more of that model; rather than full proof that a new model is to be soon released to replace it.

I agree, the D7000 was probably discontinued by BestBuy.....

I just bought a D7000 at Best Buy this Friday.

The D7k is only a little over a year old so I can't imagine Nikon discontinuing it or rolling out a D7100.

I was at Best Buy last week and asked if they had the D7000. Sales rep got a really embarassed look on his face and said the store had to send all of their D7000's back and their store would not longer be selling it. Then two days latter I am at a different Best Buy and they have the D7000. Not sure what is up!

I hear they're giving away free 32 oz softdrinks at ALL McDonald's outlets in North America! (I heard that from the manager at my local Mickey Dee's!)

I heard that Two and A Half Men is replacing Ashton Kutcher with Bruce Willis!!!

I heard that Beyonce's baby's name is going to be Shaniquea Alexandrianna Latiefah Knowles!!!

I heard that Best Buy took delivery of 10,000 cases of steer manure from a bankrupt garden supply firm, and has been sending it around to all its stores. Steer manure is a bit different from bull$h!+. As you might know, after they cut the nuts off of a bull, then he becomes a steer, and then the waste becomes "steer manure"...but to the untrained eye, it looks and smells very much like bull$h!+.

Hey guys, I work in the digital imaging section at Best Buy. It is not being discontinued by Best Buy. Nikon is just having some pricing issues and sent out a memo to employees. As of October 16th, Best buy cannot price match Nikkn DSLRs, lenses, or flashes. IF they were to do so, nikkn would stop sending that certain store that sku for a month. Second and third offenses could mean complete termination of the sku to that specific store. Somehow, Nikon thinks that "it would be a better value over having customers spend their time trying to find better deals." I have a D7000 myself and have always had nikon products, and it doesn't make sense on nikons part, but don't worry about the D7000 being discontinued. I'm sure nikon and Best Buy will learn that this new policy is a terrible idea soon enough.

Most reactions

Back