Bi-Weekly assignments.

monkeykoder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone else think if we made the Bi-Weekly assignments more prominent that more people would post in them? I think it is a great idea and want to see it keep going but if we don't get anyone posting in them it is going to fall apart. Frankly I like the challenge to go out and shoot more. Also since the person previously in charge doesn't seem interested anymore perhaps someone else would like to be in charge? I'm thinking PM would be a better way to keep track of suggestions and having random people posting threads is going to fall apart really quick. Please I want to see this keep going. I'll even volunteer to be in charge if no one else with more experience wants to do it.

Anyone else think if we made the Bi-Weekly assignments more prominent that more people would post in them? I think it is a great idea and want to see it keep going but if we don't get anyone posting in them it is going to fall apart. Frankly I like the challenge to go out and shoot more. Also since the person previously in charge doesn't seem interested anymore perhaps someone else would like to be in charge? I'm thinking PM would be a better way to keep track of suggestions and having random people posting threads is going to fall apart really quick. Please I want to see this keep going. I'll even volunteer to be in charge if no one else with more experience wants to do it.

Thus is why I made this statement
Oh yeah, suppose it should be said, those who do start new ones should prolly go threw the older ones and use them as a template of sorts so they make better sense to users who have not partisipated in them in the past.

They need to be done the same way they where before, if alternate ideas for a single challenge are wanted they should be in the same thread, with only one or two people making the actual threads. Either way only one thread per challence period.

As far as more Ideas that is what the suggestions thread is for and it should be put to use or throw the idea into the themes forum.

It's the existance of the two vertions of the themes that will cause problems, one is for random images that apply be it new or old and the other is for creation of new imagery only. The one asking for new imagery should be restricted in those who make the requests with some dedicated morderation.

It seems to me like the ideas get buried in the suggestions thread but that might just be me. Also I think that the paired threads might work better because they are kinda different themes.

It seems to me like the ideas get buried in the suggestions thread but that might just be me. Also I think that the paired threads might work better because they are kinda different themes.

They only seemed buried because with no partisipation no one was going threw it and picking from it and making new threads for them.

True. The lack of participation on the other hand I think could be remedied if more people even knew that it existed. I was really disappointed when I first signed up here that it had gone under but it took me a while to even find out it had ever existed. It seems to be one of those things that should be the first thing a true newbie should ever see. A place to get ideas to practice on.

I see your point, unfortunately I can't really say one way or another on that as it actually was one of the first things I saw when I got here, some of me earliest posts are in there.

I pretty much just found out about it, and then promptly forgot about it because, well, outta sight, outta mind.

I guess when I post in the other thread about it no one even knew it was there. It seems like a great idea and we have a few newbies posting in there right now if it was brought to the forefront more people might see it and post in it. But I guess it would take it's own forum like POTM or Monthly challenge to make it really stand out. Or possibly group it in with foundations of photography where every newbie seems to be posting.

I'm reading this thread with interest, just so you know. The team and I are in the process of reviewing it.

Where do you think the forum would be best viewed? I rather like the "Foundations of Photography" idea.

More suggestions welcome!

I think it really depends on how you view the forum and go about selecting where you what you want to view next. I tend to use the 'New Posts' link off the top menu, so unless someone is actively posting in a particular forum, I wouldn't notice the BWA forum was there - and it has gone very quiet of late.

Somehow, the 'Foundations of Photography' suggestion doesn't seem a natural fit, though I understand the reasoning behind the suggestion. Personally I'd go for a re-titled "TPF Contests and Assignments" grouping and move it into there along with the 'Photoshop Challenges' forum.

That feels a more logical selection as all of the four forums that would be in there are all about encouraging participation and exploring what you can do with your photography. It also puts them in a much more visible position at the top of the main forum menu page.

Does that make sense?

The only reason I mentioned Foundations of Photography is that in my opinion it should be paired with the beginners section because truthfully that is who it is for. I don't see it fitting in with the POTM and the monthly photo challenge because there is no prize involved.

For what its worth as a complete newbie to both this forum and photograhphy..that part of the forum was the part that interested/intrests me the most..So much so I was still up at 2 aclock this morning taking pics of a blooming pool table in my basement to post there lol....as a newbie I find the challange to produce a photo within certain parameters helps me focus on the little things rather than running around like a headless chicken with no real focus.....for what its worth.

Ross.

Agreed that was one of the first forums I wanted to post in but at the time no one was doing anything with it and I felt bad resurrecting threads that had been dead for 2 years.

Idea:

A separate assignments forum where you would have one forum for technical assignments and one for subject assignments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back