Big Bend National Park

Goontz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got back from about a week in Big Bend. I know there's a lot of pictures in this thread, but it's hard to narrow down some of my favorites. C&C is always appreciated if anyone cares to offer any.

For anyone who would like to see even more, full gallery is located at: Big Bend - Kevin Guenter's Photos

824004937_fJZmD-L.jpg

824023463_n2X4j-L.jpg

824064049_yGxNp-L.jpg

824066826_gdVuf-L.jpg

824093723_Bceyd-L.jpg

824099675_e7DCg-L.jpg

824110639_BFdhk-L.jpg

824125322_sWeJF-L.jpg

824127842_UaMsd-L.jpg

824134812_szV98-L.jpg

824106076_vY2mT-L.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely love #4 and #10 reminds me on an Ansel Adams shot. Great shots, and looks like fun. Lived in Texas for a long time and somehow never made it to Big Bend.

Nice set of pictures, but would like to see #1 in color.

Nice set of pictures, but would like to see #1 in color.

Thanks. That's one that I really thought B&W worked better to accentuate the natural lines in the shot. Let me know what you think. Here's the color version:

824004144_43QLE-L.jpg

Very nice series of a place I still need to visit. I think I would pick #9 as my favorite -- possibly lightening up the FG just a bit. IMHO, the lens flare really hurts the first one and that is too bad as I really like the image (and prefer it in B/W).

Thanks for the comments guys.

I also had someone else tell me that 8 and 9 could be saturated a little bit more so I'll play with them a bit more. I wish the lens flare wasn't there, but at the same time, I don't mind it that much. At least not enough (right now) to clone it out or something.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I also had someone else tell me that 8 and 9 could be saturated a little bit more so I'll play with them a bit more. I wish the lens flare wasn't there, but at the same time, I don't mind it that much. At least not enough (right now) to clone it out or something.

I don't think they necessarily need more saturation. I personally like the muted tones in them a lot, but they could use a bit more of an S in curves to brighten up the sky and add some drama. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but the cross looks like it leans a little bit to the left. A rotate might be in order!

That said, my favorite is number two. Though I could deal with a tad more brightness on the cacti (Maybe have a layer with just them, brighten it up, and set the opacity to 50% or so?), the increasing softness of the haze and the haloing on the land as you get farther away is beautiful!

Thanks JWD. I brought that church picture back up in LR and it seems straight according to the grid. These were all first-edits in going through a week's worth of photos. When I have the time and feel up to it, I've decided that I'll go back through and take a closer look at the better ones to see what I could improve in a second pass of editing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back