Big Bend National Park

Goontz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got back from about a week in Big Bend. I know there's a lot of pictures in this thread, but it's hard to narrow down some of my favorites. C&C is always appreciated if anyone cares to offer any.

For anyone who would like to see even more, full gallery is located at: Big Bend - Kevin Guenter's Photos

824004937_fJZmD-L.jpg

824023463_n2X4j-L.jpg

824064049_yGxNp-L.jpg

824066826_gdVuf-L.jpg

824093723_Bceyd-L.jpg

824099675_e7DCg-L.jpg

824110639_BFdhk-L.jpg

824125322_sWeJF-L.jpg

824127842_UaMsd-L.jpg

824134812_szV98-L.jpg

824106076_vY2mT-L.jpg

Last edited:

stevemunoz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Absolutely love #4 and #10 reminds me on an Ansel Adams shot. Great shots, and looks like fun. Lived in Texas for a long time and somehow never made it to Big Bend.

Kethaneni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nice set of pictures, but would like to see #1 in color.

OP
Goontz

Goontz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Nice set of pictures, but would like to see #1 in color.

Thanks. That's one that I really thought B&W worked better to accentuate the natural lines in the shot. Let me know what you think. Here's the color version:

824004144_43QLE-L.jpg

icassell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very nice series of a place I still need to visit. I think I would pick #9 as my favorite -- possibly lightening up the FG just a bit. IMHO, the lens flare really hurts the first one and that is too bad as I really like the image (and prefer it in B/W).

OP
Goontz

Goontz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for the comments guys.

I also had someone else tell me that 8 and 9 could be saturated a little bit more so I'll play with them a bit more. I wish the lens flare wasn't there, but at the same time, I don't mind it that much. At least not enough (right now) to clone it out or something.

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Thanks for the comments guys.

I also had someone else tell me that 8 and 9 could be saturated a little bit more so I'll play with them a bit more. I wish the lens flare wasn't there, but at the same time, I don't mind it that much. At least not enough (right now) to clone it out or something.

I don't think they necessarily need more saturation. I personally like the muted tones in them a lot, but they could use a bit more of an S in curves to brighten up the sky and add some drama. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but the cross looks like it leans a little bit to the left. A rotate might be in order!

That said, my favorite is number two. Though I could deal with a tad more brightness on the cacti (Maybe have a layer with just them, brighten it up, and set the opacity to 50% or so?), the increasing softness of the haze and the haloing on the land as you get farther away is beautiful!

OP
Goontz

Goontz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks JWD. I brought that church picture back up in LR and it seems straight according to the grid. These were all first-edits in going through a week's worth of photos. When I have the time and feel up to it, I've decided that I'll go back through and take a closer look at the better ones to see what I could improve in a second pass of editing.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics