Big Boys Toys

jacsul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot this the other day.
Trying to create better photos, please comment.
parksville.jpg

recrop
parksville2.jpg

if you like these machines than get way closer. focus in on the the little machine and the big ones behind. also get out on a different time of day to improve on lighting. that should do for now.

Agree with others. It really isn't much of a picture now. The hill and trees in background and all the mud in foreground are ugly and pointless.
Isolating one or two of the big machines and using the little AVT for scale could produce a more dramatic shot.

Agree with others. It really isn't much of a picture now. The hill and trees in background and all the mud in foreground are ugly and pointless.
Isolating one or two of the big machines and using the little AVT for scale could produce a more dramatic shot.

Good call, or standing at the end of the row and shooting along to get a long, linear shot of the front ends.

I get what you've tried to do here (shoot wide to show all the machines and a bit of the surrounding for perspective), but it doesn't work in this case. Actually this is a fairly common noob mistake (and something I still do too much as well), trying to show 'too much' in the one shot. In cases like this, less is more - if you got in closer and don't necessarily try to fit all the machines in the one shot it would help, but I think the main thing to improve here is angle. You can show the size of these beasts without including any of the background/foreground (which is sort of ugly in this case) by changing the angle of the shot.

Keep shooting!

Most reactions

Back