Big City Feel

Corbin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few from Cherry St. and Polson in downtown....

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0053_3.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

You had some impressive clouds there in the first shot! 1 and 3 are my faves of the series. Several appear a little dark on my screen, but it could just be my monitor.

It's a great spot from which to view the skyline, isn't it?

Straighten the horizon in number 2. Maybe a little cropping in number 1? Nice shots, I like number 4. Good spot and camera. (=

-Will

the last one is fantastic. good work.

great shots...i think i'd love #3 in b&w.....but then again i'm a sucker for b&w

cheers!

Print 1 & print 2.. are perfect examples.. of what NOT TO DO.

look at them ... study them.

Print 3 I like it a lot.. but the open space on the left uhuh.. you hsould have had more of the right side open and it would have been PERFECT.

study that image also.

#4.. clapping! bravo !

thanks for all the replies, i'll keep it up

Ummm, could you be a little more specific Majik?
In the first, there is a bit of blown sky, and not a "steady" feel to the crop. A pano maybe?
The second has no focal point, and is mono in color which makes the eye seach for a center point, which unfortunately is dead center.
Nice comp on the third, and great color on the fourth. If you adjust the horizon a bit, and transform the shoreline, you have a really nice one there. Keep it up!

#4 rocks! The rest are nice as well of course, but #4 really stands out. Love the silhouettes and color!

I like the colour of the sky in 4.

Print 1 & print 2.. are perfect examples.. of what NOT TO DO.

look at them ... study them.

Critique does not mean insult. If you don't prefer a photo, please, by all means, be honest about it, but if you can't elaborate the why and how, you might want to sit back and learn how to offer constructive criticism.

I suggest the book "Criticizing Photographs" by Terry Barret

there you will learn how to read and evaluate a photograph without coming off like a pompous a$$.
You haven't even been on this forum for a full 3 weeks and you have already managed to insult, offend, or otherwise rub the wrong way, way too many people here.

This is a friendly forum. The moderation staff does a good job of keeping controversy off the forums. TPF is about camaraderie and learning. We can do without the drama.

#1 has real potential, I think. I tried a crop that I think works. I'll post it here for your review. I felt that there was too much water and ice. It distracted from the cityscape and nice clouds. There was also some black thing out on the ice on the left side of the frame just below the horizon that I thought was a distraction.

toronto.jpg

#2 just isn't my cup of tea, but if you love it, you should at least consider straightening the horizon.

#3, I think this is composed well enough, but the sky is pretty much nothing. There isn't much you could do about that unless you have connections with the weather makers.

#4. I love this one. It feels like a digital lith print. Good work on that one. a bit more detail in the buildings would have been nice, but this photo still works well for me, good job.

Most reactions

Back