What's new

Big City Feel

all good but 1 & 3 rock
 
thanks guys for the suggestions
 
and Efergoh im glad you said something about that comment, cus that was the wrong way to go about it, thanks
 
couldnt say it better myself Will
 
I agree, I'm tired of Majik's sh*t.

:hail: :hail: :hail:

Thank you for saying what I've kept pent up for what... 3 weeks now.
I really just pass on by most of them but the ones I do read I lose interest after the first paragraph.
Majiks posts are quite insulting and 'holier than thou'.
I too am tired!!!!

With that out of the way...

# 3 & 4 are my favs.
The color is a bit dull in #3, i would personally try b&w and maybe add some grainyness. And of course #4 has great color!!!!!!!!!
Canadian winters are so hard to photograph for me. I love lots of bright and bold colors. I really do live in the wrong country!!! :grumpy:
 
Canada is very hard to capture if you like bright colours haha

but i have a love for winter shots and city scape photos
 
numbers 1 and 4 are my fav.

I like the sky in number 1 a lot. The only thing that I think could make it better is if the sky had some more color, but you can't really control that.

Number 4 gives off almost an industrial vibe with the orange and the smoke/clouds coming out of a few of the buildings.
 
in my choice of words and I promise to do better in explaining why I said what I siad.

yes I said the wrong words in the wrong manner and I aplogisie for that.

I WAS WRONG!


I have no problem admitting when I am wrong.. ! sorry neaa to upset you also and others..

Maybe I was in too much of a rush but no excuses I was WRONG.

thanks for pointing it out.! I mean it.

I haven't spoken to a civilized person in years. Just Eskimo's only.! I guess it is showing too much.

Maybe I can TRY again.. (while I am smiling) I like it here,

I like all the people the photos and the varied subject matters that help me escape the reality of my surroundings.

That said.. let me try to express myself in a bit more dignified manner.

#1 this composition has too much open space, the buildings are too far away, maybe a different lens would have provided a remedy. but the lack of detail and overall low contrast. my eyes are searching for something to focus on and all I can stop at is / are the clouds. so in my opinon there is too much open space and not enough detail to "capture" my attention.
And then again when lookiing at how a member cropped it.. it seems better, the composition is more pleasing, to view, but detail is lacking.

I have constantly said.. I am no body.. I am nothing. it is not my intent to offend, and I do mean no insults to anyone. I am much harsher on my own mistakes, but I try to learn from them..


#2 same as above. too much open space, and I really don't know what I am lookinig at. That is what puzzles me. the color seems wrong, but one of the aspects of Great photography is fill the frame with detail. Photograhy is a constant learning process.

I have said this many times to many of my students.. that try and take in too much into the viewfinder that is too far away. Fill the frame with detail


#3 Half the viewfinder is filled with detail.. . but look at how sharp those blue lines are.. the rope comng off the ship.. THAT is what I like to see in an image.. detail.. sharp detail. notice how the depth is increasing make the image life-likness appearing.. THIS IS what makes me so curious as to all of the detail on the other side.. the right side.. I think (my opinion) that the right side of the ship would provide a more interestng composition.
the buildings look sorta nice. but they don't have the detail that the blue rope and the objects on that side of the ship would have.

#4 as I said in different words before is exquisite, wonderul feeling.

Mysterious feeling Orange and Black. wonderfull contrast and mysterous intrique. I love it bravo !

and that is my honest opinion! and it is only an opinion.. don't take me so serious.. but I was wrong in not explaining it all out in detail and I hope this helps.! I use pencils all the time.. only because I make so many mistakes that I can use that thing on the end to fix my mistakes.

I will do my best.. and be on my guard to prevent any more misunderstandings!
 
ya i appreciate that alot!! and thanks for the suggestions
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom