Bill and Danella

LONEMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Second post here. Shot a couple of the same scene, but this was the best one. A little bit of PS done to it. Fairly pleased with the results as I'm somewhat starting out, so any suggestions would be great. Shot on D90 w/18-200 Nikkor lens. The first pic's the original.

_DSC0004_571.jpg

BillandDanella2.jpg

Last edited:
A man at work. Excellent!

I prefer the first by a long shot, but lacks some saturation in the bright colors. Baby steps here.

I also think it would have been a keeper for Bill if he was looking at the camera.

Wait, you prefer the first and original pic over the 2nd and PS'd one? I do have a shot or two of him looking at the camera, but went with this one. Anyone have any opinions?

Hope that you do not mind, but I did a little color adjustment to the original. If you do mind I will remove it.

_DSC0004_571.jpg

No, I don't mind. I need to update my profile so that it says ok to edit. Thanks for taking the time to do that- I appreciate it. I see you brought the reds out.

I honestly wasn't a fan of the shots I took and rather than taking time to tweak the camera settings, I shot at different angles with the intent of getting how I wanted it to look on PS. Was going for the desaturated look while crushing the blacks a bit to soften the image and wanted Danella to be the subject of focus while revealing Bill and the mower. Also wanted a little bit of the HDR look, and think the concrete and wood grains show that. Would like to hear more C+C and inputs on 1) the shot and 2) the PP.

I wasn't satisfied, so I revisited this photo and did further work to it. Any comments would be appreciated. I think the lightning effects are a bit overdone, but I'm more satisfied with this one.

BillandDanella3.jpg

Most reactions

Back