Birds and the Bees ( L glass, or not L glass? )

Which is the L lens

• Bird Pic

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Bee Pic

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Definitely the bird. Mostly all parts of the pic of the Bird are sharp, and I don't mean out of the DoF. Just a better picture in terms of IQ.

Oh, forgot...

Knowing you own a 50 f/1.4 and then a 17-40 f/2.8L and 70-200 f/4L I can figure the bee pic was taken with an f/1.4 (with an extension tube we can say f/1.8 then). Much smaller DoF.

yeah i notice a tad bit of light fall off in the bee pic, lol so im hoping im right

Definitely the bird. Mostly all parts of the pic of the Bird are sharp, and I don't mean out of the DoF. Just a better picture in terms of IQ.
Good sound reasoning.....but if they are cropped then that ruins your line of thinking. :mrgreen:. I like seeing peoples initial gut reaction thats what this is all about. its 7:16. Not much longer and I will reveal the set ups.

Is it just me or is this a bit pointless?

There are 100s or maybe even 1000s of factors that could make this an unfair comparison.

Handshake, wind, post processing, too slow shutter speed, different bodies, different apertures, back focus issues, etc.

I dont think this is really something you can determine given these 2 specific images, and how they are both of fairly good quality.

Also I would like to point out that certain non-L lenses are extreemly sharp.

Just ask Overread to see some photos from the 65mm MP-E if you dont believe me.

Sorry if I am killing the fun here :(

There are 100s or maybe even 1000s of factors that could make this an unfair comparison.

Handshake, wind, post processing, too slow shutter speed, different bodies, different apertures, back focus issues, etc.

I dont think this is really something you can determine given these 2 specific images, and how they are both of fairly good quality.

lol, yeah kinda killed the fun, you're supposed to turn that part of your mind off for these kind of test. lol.

yeah i did think about the sharp non-l's but i went by what the op owns, lol

It is a bit pointless. You are right, but I want to see what causes people to lean one way or the other. It might help change peoples ideas of certain lenses and set ups also when revealed. Its just for fun. So stop ruining the fun:mrgreen: and just take a rough guess.

I think it's the bird. The images and quality is really too close to tell. I just think it's the bid because I assume that you assume most people will think the bee image is better, so they will say the bee is the L lens. I could be completely wrong, but I think everything is a conspiracy.

I think it's the bird. The images and quality is really too close to tell. I just think it's the bid because I assume that you assume most people will think the bee image is better, so they will say the bee is the L lens. I could be completely wrong, but I think everything is a conspiracy.

Haha, its all a conspiracy, man ( said in a stoner voice ) . I was thinking more people would say the bee cause it has a nicer composition I think. Thats not to say the bee is or isn't the L lens. Could have been my attempted trickery.:mrgreen:

I said the bird because I don't like bees.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back