What's new

Birds in Town (13 pics)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last Friday, I went on a photographic excursion into Hamburg once again. Unlike the weather I had experienced on the two days in October of last year when I went exploring the port area on the Old Warehouse District plus the old Gangway Gates (touristy areas), I was not favoured with any blue skies, sunshine or anything bringing out bright colours this time. I still came home with a good many pics.

My first series to show you will be the birds that I saw right there in the city.

1.
128476377.jpg

Mallards - those are everywhere. I could only photograph them down from a bridge, and the 200mm zoom does not really get me anywhere as near as some peoples' 400mm lenses take them, ah well :er: ...

2.
128476378.jpg


3.
128476355.jpg

Small gulls, some seemingly walking on the water surface, but they don't really, of course ;)

4.
128476374.jpg


5.
128476375.jpg

A big seagull swooping in with some food in its beak, ready to feed on the ice.

6.
128476357.jpg


7.
128476361.jpg


8.
128476807.jpg

The crow in front of the Main Railway Station building (for newcomers: crows are kind of "obligatory" ... still. You see one, you take its pic. Best would be a crow going caw-caw on a tombstone, better even a cross, on a cemetary, but there they are not always at hand....!)

9.
128476365.jpg


10.
128476363.jpg


11.
128476368.jpg


12.
128476370.jpg


13.
128476372.jpg

Some seagulls I observed on a playground right between these houses.
 
Right on.... LaFoto shooting birds:D . I guess you could not get that bird in Number 8 to scoot over to the cemetery eh?:lol:
Ya got some cool captures Corinna.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
It would have been a bit tough to follow it all the way there, the Main Railway Station being a good distance from the cemetary, but one day I'll go there, and then I hope that "my crow" (;)) will be there! :D
Thanks for your comment.
Light was not the best last Friday...
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #5
Thank you Raymond. I try.
The gift-horse lens is dodgy, it has only 200mm, and it was not only cloudy but quite misty that day ... and I am quite unskilled. That's why these are the way they are ..... :er: Wish I were better.
 
Nice series. I love how you caught the wings in #10. Great job! :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom