Bitcoin as potential payment for photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooooooooo this is more a bitcon advert right? ;)

No, you read wrong. It's an ad for yet another guy programming his own ground breaking stock photo agency.

Yeah but he's launching it without any pics at all on a site we've no idea where somewhere on the net

all we know is bitcoin :p

Soooooooooo this is more a bitcon advert right? ;)

I already gathered that by the fact that his very avatar is a coin with a "B" on it.

The avatar is all new - he didn't have that to start with. Just a blank face.

and I guess now he's gone and its morning I should do the proper thing and put it out of its misery. We'll revisit this in - 50 years time?

I've created my account strictly to address the following :*

bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. wouldn't you love it for us to fall for your scam?

This statement is in fact wildly inaccurate. Bitcoin is the future of currency, much like... well actually much unlike photography, which is not the future of anything.*

It would probably pay to inform yourselves on the topic, given that in a decade or two those that shunned this particular disruptive new technology will find themselves approximately in the position of the inhabitants of Padua confronting Charlemagne (Oh, the bitcoin, oh, the bitcoin).*

That's all. You can verify my identity by googling my name, given that I'm probably better known than anyone here.

Cheers.

This statement is in fact wildly inaccurate. Bitcoin is the future of currency, much like... well actually much unlike photography, which is not the future of anything.*

It would probably pay to inform yourselves on the topic, given that in a decade or two those that shunned this particular disruptive new technology will find themselves approximately in the position of the inhabitants of Padua confronting Charlemagne (Oh, the bitcoin, oh, the bitcoin).*

That's all. You can verify my identity by googling my name, given that I'm probably better known than anyone here.

Cheers.

:biglaugh:

I remember when in grade school, we were taught the metric system, because it was... wait for it...

GOING to be THE FUTURE standard!

Hmmm...lets see how that turned out in the U.S...

Even though it is a superior measurement system, it just never caught on.

Good luck with your ButCoin!

Cheers.

I googled your name and found out that you're a self proclaimed douche. Congrats?

From your twitter: "I'm being me, and doing a slightly better job than anyone else."

I even went to your website, and frankly I don't understand why you think you're "well known" other than the fact that you use social media. Good job, billions of people do that on the daily. You're no different.

So just to clarify, you monitor this forum closely enough to be aware of a post like this, yet, you've never bothered to join us before?

This statement is in fact wildly inaccurate. Bitcoin is the future of currency
Supporting evidence please?

...much unlike photography, which is not the future of anything.
Did I miss something? Did someone claim it was?

I can pick any name I want and use it... Googling proves nothing (BTW, would you like us to make the forum larger for you? I can imagine moving an ego that size in these tight confines might be difficult).

At one time, the printed paper currency of the Confederate States of America was considered legal tender in *some* states. GOLD and SILVER United States of America coinage was considered legal tender all across the continent, and in Europe as well...Bitcoin is a lot like Confederate paper money...it has zero value to back it up because its creator is indefinable, irresponsible, and well, a NON-entity cloaked in anonymity...the idea that "computer processing power" is worth anything is patently ridiculous....Bitcoin is nothing more than bytes of information....it has no tangible value whatsoever.

Bitcoin has ZERO intrinsic value, meaning it is intrinsically WORTHLESS, which is the exact opposite of say a Krugerand, which is made from solid, real GOLD, which has tremendous intrinsic value. Hell, even a pre-1982 Lincoln penny from the USA is worth more in copper (intrinsic value) than its face value. Bitcoin is a wonderful theoretical concept EXCEPT that it has absolutely ZERO grounding in the way money and mediums of exchange have been valued over the centuries. The fact that it is "independent" and lacks the backing of a centralized entity is what is deluded followers praise--and that is *******exactly the problem****** with it; without intrinsic value (gold,silver,copper) and also without the backing and reputation of a large government entity (US Treasury and the United States of America, or Great Britain), then any fiat currency is, basically, worthless...that is the way money works. If you'd like to sell me your Canon and Nikon lenses for some Derrel Dollars, I will gladly oblige, and will buy all you've got to sell me at TWICE the US Dollar going B&H Photo prices, but of course, all payed in Derrel Dollars (which I will create tonight on my EPSON printer.)

Over 80 percent of United States $100 bills LEAVE the United States, and are held as a form of VALUED and VALUABLE currency/investment/medium of exchange. In Bangkok, THailand, a US $100 is worth $100. In Mexico City it is worth $100. In Berlin, it's worth $100. US paper money is no longer redeemable for gold or silver, as it once was, but is instead a fiat currency, backed only by the reputation and resources of the issuing treasury. The idea that a bunch of computer geeks can turn on computers and create "money" is just an illusion that does not have any basis in reality. That just ain't the way "money" functions. My assertion is that the OP was just a Bitcoin promoter, here under false pretenses.

It is groundbreaking... I think the ground broke when I fell on it laughing at the latest new posts.

I bought some Bitmilk and Bitbread with Bitcoin to feed my kids. They're still hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back