weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've ended up with more keepers from this trip than I thought so posted these as a set. The first and last are iconic Scottish hills. There may be a few more to follow. I'd appreciate a heads up if any of the exposure on these looks a bit under as I have a feeling lately I've been processing a lot of my shots a bit more underexposed than they should be, think my eye is a bit off in the duller conditions. All panoramas, between 5 and 10 shots

Blà Bheinn (The Blue Mountain) with some sun which was elusive during the workshop, though it's peak was obscured by cloud.
Blà Bheinn by wee_pete, on Flickr

Dun Hasan, an outcrop with an ancient settlement on it (points if you can spot the photograher in the shot)
Dun Hasan by wee_pete, on Flickr

Ord Bay, a beautiful beach with a view of The Black Cuillin (the name of the mountain range) Ord Beach]
34217811731_e23a438f17_b.jpg
Ord Beach[/URL] by wee_pete, on Flickr

Loch Clair and Liathach (The Grey One)
Loch Clair and Liathach by wee_pete, on Flickr

Last edited:
I can't even tell you how much I love the sheep and the caravan in that first shot. It's a beautiful shot, but those two little details totally make it for me. The others are excellent as well.

I sooooo need to go back to Scotland.

I can't even tell you how much I love the sheep and the caravan in that first shot. It's a beautiful shot, but those two little details totally make it for me. The others are excellent as well.

Thanks Limr! Aye, those totally make the shot for me too. Funny how sometimes it's that wee bit of chaos in a shot that works.

And aye, you should revisit. When were you last here?

Thanks Limr! Aye, those totally make the shot for me too. Funny how sometimes it's that wee bit of chaos in a shot that works.

Too long. I spent a week in 2000 visiting an ex-boyfriend who was working in Newcastle for the summer. We hopped a northbound train and stayed about 3-4 days in and around Perth (including a lovely stop at the tiny Edredour distillery in Pitlochry.) I loooooooved it! Next time (because there will be a next time) I'd love to make it farther north.

Great set - the first is particularly good :)

Too long. I spent a week in 2000 visiting an ex-boyfriend who was working in Newcastle for the summer. We hopped a northbound train and stayed about 3-4 days in and around Perth (including a lovely stop at the tiny Edredour distillery in Pitlochry.) I loooooooved it! Next time (because there will be a next time) I'd love to make it farther north.

Lovely set, I'm so glad I live in Scotland!

Aye mate, it's a braw place we have here!

Another reason I have to visit again. This just makes my linguist's heart go all a-flutter! :D

Cool, the good news is the food has gotten better even since the 2000's. Wfi connectivity is better too with most places, even up north giving some kind of internet access.

Scotish dialects (as you no doubt know) are rich and diverse, from the Lowland Scots down in the borders to the Doric in the Northeast, the Gaellic and Irish influence in the Western islands and the Norse in Orkney and Shetland (they use the word "peedie" up there instead of "small" or "wee"). I really enjoy hearing the differences in the language spoken on my travels, it can be quite facinating. You should definatley get further North than Perth next time, the North West coast is particularly stunning.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back