What's new

Black Rock City, NV

craig

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
5,600
Reaction score
21
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA U.S.A
A couple from the Burning Man Festival 07. Let me know any and all thoughts.

Love & Fire

Powers of Nature
powersnatureku9.jpg


Psychiatric
psychiatriczv1.jpg


Big Rigs
bigrigsxt3.jpg


Temple
templeim4.jpg


Door
doorix8.jpg
 
what the heck is this place?

is it just out in the middle of nowhere?
 
It is in the middle of nowhere in Nevada. Black Rock Dessert to be exact. During the last week of August it is turned into a city.

Love & Bass
 
Those people are ****ing creative (and determined), doesn't blow my mind exactly, but I love it!
 
now that is one place i would love visiting.. amazing, especially what they have done with the semis.. As you can see, the main interest in this forum site is commenting on photos and that just isnt happening in this thread. lol.. that place smokes!... i love the last 3 photos, very nice!
 
Thanks for all the comments gang and the nomination! These are pretty random. Still have some editing to do. I did not shoot any night shots which is when the city really comes alive. Check out http://burningman.com/ for a better idea of BRC.

Love & Fire
 
its a dirty hippie paradise...:lol:
 
funny i heard the govt was doing nuclear testing out there soon... :sillysmi:

Actually it is a neo hippie paradise. Experimental community may be a better description.

Love & Bass
 
Is this like a Rainbow Gathering on 'roids? Cool shots I like the last 2 the best. Even though I do like the Rigs pic. I loved the people on bikes everywhere around and inside the Temple. It looks like it was cool.
 
Have to say that Big Rigs has nothing to do with my photography. In this case I just snapped the pic. It is the art of the rigs that is fascinating. Not sure how they did it. I heard a lot of talk about using parts from an old Roller Coaster.

It is hard to compare Burning Man to a Rainbow gathering. They are different in that BRC is very opulent. Participants spend a lot of money to be there. They are the same in that no money is traded. Any contact with or relationship to the outside world is frowned upon.

Love & Bass
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom