Black Widow - Found in Our House

Fleetwood271

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My wife found and killed this black widow today in our house. She said it had a web under the counter top of one of our kitchen cabinets.

There was a death in our community back in the Summer due to a black widow bite. It was a young girl.

DSC_29611.jpg

DSC_29744.jpg

DSC_29777.jpg

F that. I'm moving.

I forgot to mention that it was under the cabinet where we keep most of our pots and pans. I reached in there last night to get a pan to make spaghetti for my son.

Yikes!

I read on the Internet that these spiders only bite when threatened or if you injure them. Well, it might not have hurt me, but I'm sure I would have hurt myself getting away from it if I'd seen it!

I hate those and all spiders! We have the black widows too and I can't stand the thought of them or brown recluses. Those are some good shots - most of the black widows I have seen are pretty small and you can really see some good detail.

if i found one in my house i literally would not be able to sleep. i come across brown recluses a lot at work and thats bad enough. i would probly pass out if i saw one of those. heck, im terrified of the little harmless spiders

I read on the Internet that these spiders only bite when threatened or if you injure them.

I hate those damn spiders... When I first moved in my house, I had it sprayed because I saw several of them outside hiding in the siding. Well when the guy sprayed, there were probably close to a hundred of them that came out from all the cracks and hiding spots and they were AGGRESSIVE. Brown recluse aren't really aggressive, but the black widows I've seen sure are. Luckily I've never come across a black widow INSIDE. As long as they stay outside I'm ok! :lol:

I'm getting the heebie-jeebies...!

Cool pictures!

Yes, I'm glad you found it before it was to late, and there are quite common around here. My wife found one during the summer, but it took off and couldn't find it. Lucky for us we have a few cats around, so I'm usually not to worried despite I have a 2 year old son.

Nasty things that they are. =/

You should have put the camera down and pulled out your glock.

Two in the chest, one in the head.

**** em.

I am so glad to live in the Netherlands.
No black widows, alligators or other deadly creatures....

Great shots and I hope you never find one again

I definitely just had to pick my feet up off the floor lol... Don't know why, but it made me feel better... Spiders and bugs in general give me the creeps. Especially any kind of insect that can hurt you...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back