Blue Moon Tonight

why so noisy?

how bad are they? lol

I would guess you cropped it too much, especially the first one becasue you shot it at ISO 800. Did you use a tripod? Some of those were at 1/10....way too slow!

Tonight was my first attempt at this stuff. I think I may of over processed it in Lightroom. Im going to try more later. THis is a tough shot!

I agree, over-processed!

why so noisy?

how bad are they? lol

I would guess you cropped it too much, especially the first one becasue you shot it at ISO 800. Did you use a tripod? Some of those were at 1/10....way too slow!
!

probably true considering with the 200 the moon still looked pretty small.

i did shoot it at 800, it was the first set i took and decided i should drop it down.

yea, instead of 1/10 what do you think it shouldve been? i was having a hard time with these. i wasnt sure to use a larger aperture and faster shutter or what

learning!

yea, instead of 1/10 what do you think it shouldve been? i was having a hard time with these. i wasnt sure to use a larger aperture and faster shutter or what

learning!

Did you read the first page, last entry? ;)

I'll copy it here:

FWIW, here's a ballpark settings for shooting the moon:

Full Moon - f/11@ 1/ISO So, if you use ISO 100, then f/11, 1/100, ISO 100
Half Moon -f/8 @ 1/ISO
Quarter Moon - f/5.6 @ 1/ISO

learning!

Did you read the first page, last entry? ;)

I'll copy it here:

FWIW, here's a ballpark settings for shooting the moon:

Full Moon - f/11@ 1/ISO So, if you use ISO 100, then f/11, 1/100, ISO 100
Half Moon -f/8 @ 1/ISO
Quarter Moon - f/5.6 @ 1/ISO

faillll. d0h. i read it last night, and forgot completly about it when i took the pix tonight. i just kept going to the most recent posts. :confused: thanks!

took that advice HikinMike

d40 only goes down to iso200

handheld bc i was lazy and its cold

so f11, iso100, 1/200

moon4.jpg

lol these are all random but w/e

4235783256_84e63194cb.jpg

4235007261_8d0e4dba9f.jpg

4235783742_97404682c5.jpg

Here's my shots of the moon, unfortunately I didn't have tripod at the time :(

2yn2q8p.jpg

And here's one with more exposure (because I light the clouds). I edited it slightly to bring out the clouds too.
1z20wnl.jpg

PS: Jacqg: I love those pics!

^ Thanks! I used a tripod for those cuz I really wanted it with 100 iso :]. Get a tripod man =D

Here is my second attempt. Not so much processing this time.
4236835257_fa86e8eb9e_o.jpg

4237610376_89205ac157_o.jpg

Im still not sure how you all are getting the moon so large in your photos and are able to crop and still get a large photo. If I wanted to blow this up it would look aweful. Is it simply the difference in MP's?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back