Blue Ridge Mountains

Sorry I am just getting back to you had a very busy weekend. I want to take pictures that show that they were taken on film and not digital. For me the best outcome of a picture would be that if I used photoshop I could make the image any better. I would like to be able to use filters and various dark room techniques to come out with really great photos. Of course like you said that is a lot to ask for in a very short course. I asked today and he said we would have as much time as we would like in the darkroom. As far as budget goes at the moment I could buy a few filters (Currently have a Deep Yellow filter) but until I get the hang of it I don't think I want to invest in any processing equipment to use at home.

Sorry I am just getting back to you had a very busy weekend.
That's OK. We all have busy lives.
Good you thinking about filters, not many do nowadays. Deep yellow is a good, universal choice, will give you well pronounced sky and help to cut thru haze without much changes in overall contrast. For starters that's good, later will depend on your vision. I like to use orange and red with Tmax films, but that is less important. What's now interesting is what kind of negative material are you planning to use and what film developers will be available to you. I like to do compensating film development, but not Rodinal style, rather two bath style and in fashion proposed by Barry Thorton
barrythornton.com
Read the part called "2 Bath". The most important is the end of last chapter. It works great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back