Blurry photo - dissapointing waste.

passerby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love to take the picture of my daughter but she is at the age where she won't pose for the sake of it. I have to shoot her off guard for that. I have hundreds of her photos but they are for the family. I post this photo nothing more than just to prove the point.

This one which fall into my liking, an off guard shot. Yet it is dissapointingly blurry. It make me want to bang my head to the wall - so to speak. There is pretty much nothing we can do with blurred photo. And I can't make her pose to have the 2nd perfect shot, it's not going to happen.

The blurriness here is not too great, but I know what blur means. So when I said it is blur photo it means blur. So please get the sharp picture as best as you can.

blurry.jpg

Beautiful girl you have there passerby, but I think you nailed the blur factor on the head.

Increasing Aperture, SS and/or ISO may help solve the issue.

I can relate to your frustrations. That is why I want a better camera body. One that can take decent shots at ISO 800.

I have a lot of blurry shots because I have such a hard time forcing myself to move past ISO 400 on my Canon 300D (Digital Rebel). (I know, I know, a blurry photo is worthless, but you can fix noise...but still! It's the optimistic side of me that thinks either A): I can steady myself real still for this shot at 1/30 sec., I know I can! or B): I'll get my daughter after she stops moving!)

On ISO 400, with most of my shots you can definitely begin to see noise.

On ISO 800, the noise is definitely noticeable right away, I'm losing sharpness and depth, and most of them just aren't worth showing.

On ISO 1600, my shots come out almost worthless IMO. Extremely high noise, pictures are completely flat.

The 300D just does not have good quality high ISO. But I guess that's to be expected. Which is why I drool every time I see an ISO 800 shot and can barely notice any noise...

It's the optimistic side of me that thinks either A): I can steady myself real still for this shot at 1/30 sec., I know I can! or B): I'll get my daughter after she stops moving!)

Hazzah! this is also the bain of my existance. my pentax K20 at 800 is right at the borderline and i tell myself the exact same thing. so many times have i contorted my body into the most unusual of positions to stabilize my shot! camera resting on elbow braced against shoulderand wrist, lying in the dirt, clamping arms to trees! i need chiropractics after a hard day of shooting!

It's the optimistic side of me that thinks either A): I can steady myself real still for this shot at 1/30 sec., I know I can! or B): I'll get my daughter after she stops moving!)

Hazzah! this is also the bain of my existance. my pentax K20 at 800 is right at the borderline and i tell myself the exact same thing. so many times have i contorted my body into the most unusual of positions to stabilize my shot! camera resting on elbow braced against shoulderand wrist, lying in the dirt, clamping arms to trees! i need chiropractics after a hard day of shooting!

LMAO...I can picture it.

How bout the left leg up on a chair or couch, left elbow resting on the raised leg steadying the shot...

Most reactions

Back