Boiling flasks for C&C

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I just got my new nikkor 105mm f/2.8 and I'm giving it a little run through. Please C&C, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LabFlasks_1624.jpg

LabFlasks_1628.jpg

LabFlasks_1631.jpg

LabFlasks_1632.jpg

LabFlasks_1634.jpg

For me personally the reflections are distracting. The amount of flasks is also sort of distracting, I'd reduce the number of objects and perhaps reduce or get rid of the reflections underneath.

Boring such a strong word. I don't think that's going to help the op much.

I think you need to have a focal point. It could a concentration on the reflection, a broken one, a colored one. Make it a conversational piece. Give the viewer something to talk about....

My favorite among the group is #2

Edit: here's another suggestion. Fill these guys up with candy like M&M or gum balls to add some colour? or maybe fill up just a few or one? I think there's alot of potential here

Last edited:
Boring such a strong word. I don't think that's going to help the op much.

I think you need to have a focal point. It could a concentration on the reflection, a broken one, a colored one. Make it a conversational piece. Give the viewer something to talk about....

My favorite among the group is #2
I am sorry you make a good point, I think that the reflection is no working to well, and you need to make it stand out more

Thanks for all the C&C so on my next run I'll try adding something to break up the pattern and add some more interest. I like the idea of filling some of them up w/ something.

Thanks for all the C&C so on my next run I'll try adding something to break up the pattern and add some more interest. I like the idea of filling some of them up w/ something.

People are always interested by $$$ ;)

I was hoping to see some cool science looking shots of green liquids boiling away and bubbling inside a flask - now that would be sweet. As for your shots, I tend to agree with what has already been said, they lack a main point of interest.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back