What's new

Boo!!!!!!!!!!!! C&C Please.

ronlane

What's next?
Joined
Aug 3, 2012
Messages
10,224
Reaction score
4,962
Location
Mustang Oklahoma
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had fun taking the kids to the neighbors house last night. This guy was pointing the way to the candy. A little crop and pp and what do you think?


IMG_6860 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr
 
When did you get a photo of my now X'Mother-In-Law'?
 
When did you get a photo of my now X'Mother-In-Law'?

lol, She was hanging out down the street last night, but she should be back home tonight, as everything was gone when I got home today.
 
lol, She was hanging out down the street last night, but she should be back home tonight, as everything was gone when I got home today.

Please KEEP HER in the USA, DO NOT return to Japan ... Thanks!
 
It's a random snap of some halloween decoration. There's not much more to it than that, and in fact it looks like you used dead-on flash as well.

Photography as an art form isn't just about snapping pictures of things you see around you, it's about conveying something or composing something that's really interesting visually or emotionally compelling... but ideally both. This is none of those things, unfortunately.
 
manaheim said:
It's a random snap of some halloween decoration. There's not much more to it than that, and in fact it looks like you used dead-on flash as well.

Photography as an art form isn't just about snapping pictures of things you see around you, it's about conveying something or composing something that's really interesting visually or emotionally compelling... but ideally both. This is none of those things, unfortunately.

Thanks
 
Manny... in our friendly sharing moods, we -at least many of us- post such images; further he has presented as a fun subject
 
Thanks Frequency. It's all good. In fact, I did shoot light straight on because that is the only way that I can shoot flash as this time. I did angle it up and I tried to improve the harshness in post.

It was in fun and to help me improve. Unfortunately, I did find this character interesting and was really trying to make it pop as life like as my abilities can do it. I was trying some post ideas that I got from a Scott Kelby youtube video I was watching. And in this instance, as Scott said on his video, this picture is WAY better than the SOOC.
 
Manny... in our friendly sharing moods, we -at least many of us- post such images; further he has presented as a fun subject

Well, probably should have been posted in "just for fun" then and I wouldn't have said a thing. :)
 
as many of us have learned here on TPF, when you ask for C&C, you have to be prepared for just that. Its not always pretty, but often times honest. The best thing you can do is post better photos and show that you have learned something from all of it. I have to agree with the Bunny on the technical aspects of this photo, especially the direct flash, but I would also point out that it IS theme relevant in the fact that it was Halloween. which in my opinion makes it just a tad more than a mere "snapshot".
 
Yeah and the OP sent me a NASTY private message telling me to pretty much ram it, too. Very amusing.

Oh how dare I provide critique when it was asked for. I'm such a monster.
 
Yeah and the OP sent me a NASTY private message telling me to pretty much ram it, too. Very amusing.

Oh how dare I provide critique when it was asked for. I'm such a monster.

Very Classy.. no good deed goes unpunished i guess.
like I said OP, when you ASK for C&C, you have to be willing to take the good with the bad. this isnt facebook where all of your friends and family tell you how great your picture is. you get a diversified group of photographers here, and you may find their willingness to help diminished with an attitude like that. suck it up, stick it out, and improve...OR, take you ball and go home.
 
ronlane, if you did that, that was not fair.... we can talk matters in a friendly atmosphere....
 
Yeah and the OP sent me a NASTY private message telling me to pretty much ram it, too. Very amusing.

Oh how dare I provide critique when it was asked for. I'm such a monster.

If you cannot take criticism they why post a image. Sending private messages to those who give honest feedback that you dont like and telling them to ram it is poor taste.
 
when you ASK for C&C, you have to be willing to take the good with the bad. this isnt facebook where all of your friends and family tell you how great your picture is. you get a diversified group of photographers here, and you may find their willingness to help diminished with an attitude like that. suck it up, stick it out, and improve...OR, take you ball and go home.

Thats why places like this are so useful. People will tell it like it is. If I wanted to feel good about all my images I would only show them to my mother, her comments are not going to help me improve.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom