Booby's Bay - Cornwall UK

djaphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.djaphoto.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not one for doing fancy landscapes with grad filters or anything like that, I just see the scene and attempt to show people as I saw it (not that I have anything against people who do the awesome ones ;))

So, here I have a couple of shots from Booby's Bay (don't ask why its named that lol) and they are literally as I saw them and that's how I'm going to present them to you.

DSC_3356.jpg

DSC_3357.jpg

DSC_3359.jpg

I shots these particular angles due to the interesting green seaweed on the foreground, I felt it added a nice contrast and broke the blue/yellows up :)
Hope you like

More can be seen here: http://www.djaphoto.co.uk/portfolio/main.php/v/cornwall/

those rocks are amazing...the color they have is awsome...i like #2 the best its got great appeal!

well done
garrentee

I know boobies bay well... lots of my mates surf there... i think it gets its name from the type of seabird the 'boobie'....

you did well tho... i like the colours and the rocks in the first two are nice and sharp :thumbup:

What a beautiful view. #2 is my fave too... love the green moss in the foreground, the cresting waves, and the colour of the water.

I like the first two. Very fond of tide pools, toes and sea urchins- brings back memories for me; of tide pools, toes and sea urchins.

Nice work.

I know boobies bay well... lots of my mates surf there... i think it gets its name from the type of seabird the 'boobie'....

you did well tho... i like the colours and the rocks in the first two are nice and sharp :thumbup:

Excellent! I've surfed here many times and can say it's given me the most back from surfing as a pose to some other local locations, the swell seems very feirce here :D

Glad you all like 1 & 2, I thought that would be the case. 3 was a bit of a wacky one for me to take, I took the idea from a surfing book I have, which looked at secret spots around the world. The idea in 3 was to show that sometimes the best wave spots are seen by looking past or through places, so I guess I wanted to show that the nice waves on this beach were spotted through those big rocks you can see in 1 & 2. I kept them in the frame although they are oof, but that was the idea :)

Dan

Very nice ... I've only been to Cornwall once in my life, and for 4 days only, and never came across Booby's Bay, but I did like what I saw when I was there!!!

My favourite is the first, for it is a vertical picture, which is not the usual being done in landscape photography, so I see a tendency towards "artistic", whether you wanted that or not :greenpbl:, and I like the inclusion of so much rock, sea weed, interspersed yellow sand parts and then the blue, blue sea with the very high horizon.

The big, splashy watermark ruins your pics for me just a tad, though ... I'd love to see them without.

Another nice series of a great place

No 2 is my favourite, best balance of the 3.

I'm a big fan of foreground detail in coastal shots, it's been commented that it's part of my "style". I think with the 1st shot you've fallen into the trap I often do. You spotted some excellent foreground rocks with nice detailing but you've perhaps concentrated on them a little too much & they've become too dominant in the shot. As I say I do this myself all the time :)

Shot 3 - I really like the wave & background but the blur of the foreground rocks is a bit too strong for my taste, really draws the eye

nice series

simon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back