Books

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a short four-session workshop on book binding fundamentals. Here are two of my projects.

The first is a traditional western hardcover bound book. The technique is called Perfect Binding.
1. Outside front cover

2. Inside front cover

3. A small portfolio box. The front/top flap is opened, revealing a small pamphlet-stitched blank book inside. I havent decided whether to put a simple cover on the pamphlet or draw an illustration on the top page to use as a cover.

Nice Work. Where did you find this workshop?

Wow those turned out beautifully. I might be sending you a pm one of these days since now you know how to do this.

I got some supplies, now to finish looking at the video from the online course... and the handouts etc. on marbling since I want to try that now too!

Nice Work. Where did you find this workshop?
We found a flyer in a stationary store in DC. The class is part of continuing education at Corcoran School of Art / GW Univ.

Wow those turned out beautifully. I might be sending you a pm one of these days since now you know how to do this.

I got some supplies, now to finish looking at the video from the online course... and the handouts etc. on marbling since I want to try that now too!
Thank you. I know where the mistakes are.

It's not difficult but there are a number of steps for the box and a lot of gluing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back