ImNick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4512735227_d729e2179d.jpg

and a 270
4512728373_f0b3239eca.jpg

Shot these of Chris today when we decided to go ride the Charlotte park. it was a good day.

I've noticed the same thing in all of your shots... The person on the bike is always the SMALLEST thing in the frame when if he's the subject - he should be taking up more of the frame...

I've noticed the same thing in all of your shots... The person on the bike is always the SMALLEST thing in the frame when if he's the subject - he should be taking up more of the frame...

i must say. you raise a good point.

These are boring. Mainly becuase of bad composition. I agree that these are framed to loosely but most people who dont ride always think shots are too far away and they really dont know what your talking about.

The second composition would be better without the pole on the right.

The second composition would be better without the pole on the right.

Probably also without the giant cock in spraypaint on the ramp

Often the most interesting part of an action shot like this is the face. I agree that the subject should be bigger, but I also find that the subject is entirely in shadow.

I like your shots, but I would have thrown a close face shot in there just to appease the others.

most people who dont ride always think shots are too far away and they really dont know what your talking about.

Condescend much? When you take a photo intending others to view it, you're not "talking" about anything at all. That's like saying people who don't actually play music have no idea how to listen to it. Which is of course a fallacy. It's all about emotion. How it makes you feel.

most people who dont ride always think shots are too far away and they really dont know what your talking about.

Condescend much? When you take a photo intending others to view it, you're not "talking" about anything at all. That's like saying people who don't actually play music have no idea how to listen to it. Which is of course a fallacy. It's all about emotion. How it makes you feel.

but most people take bmx photos to show to others interested in bmx, not to people interested in something completely different. that would be like finding a picture of chase hawk roasting trails in a issue of Super Chevy. It's not going to happen. And music is definitely not always about feeling as well. i hate saying that, but listen to mainstream rock. I heard an interview with Hinder saying they want to make music for people to enjoy it. in other words not what they want to play and feel.

It depends on the type of shot, though. It's very common in bmx photography to show the takeoff and the landing in the frame, even if it makes the subject smaller.

but most people take bmx photos to show to others interested in bmx, not to people interested in something completely different. that would be like finding a picture of chase hawk roasting trails in a issue of Super Chevy. It's not going to happen. And music is definitely not always about feeling as well. i hate saying that, but listen to mainstream rock. I heard an interview with Hinder saying they want to make music for people to enjoy it. in other words not what they want to play and feel.

Music is Always about emotion to the listener. Just like photography is all about emotion to the viewer.

You even used the word enjoy in your response.

Music is about emotion of the player, not the listener, but that is completely unrelated to photography. In "extreme sports" photography, you need to have context in the shots. If you cropped so it was a bike in midair but you could see the guys face, it would look very simply put, stupid. For the second shot posted, I would actually like to see more space in the photo. but have the rider highlighted more. Unless you have strong strobes, it's tough to do, but getting that crisp and eerie background and sky with a well exposed rider and pipe looks amazing (IMHO).

This

A great bmx photo probably wont appeal much to people on here because theres to many "rules" that are broken. Sure there might be things wrong but thats whats gonna make the picture so good.

In response to mdtusz:

No. Music is about the emotion of both. It would be meaningless if nobody listened. Just as photography is meaningless in no one is looking.

The two are quite related.

In one, the artist captures light waves reflecting off various objects and then present the result to a viewer who then FEELS something....even if it's "this sucks!"

In the other (recorded music) the artist(s) capture sound waves reflecting off various objects and then presents the result to a listener who then FEELS something...even if it's "this sucks!"

Most reactions

Back