Bored around the House. 1st try at portraits.

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been snowed in lately and haven't been able to get some good shooting in. So I decided to give portraits a try. I was waiting until I get a better lighting set up to try portraits, but oh well. I know they aren't amazing and seem dark but any other c&c would be appreciated.

zk0g0m.jpg

35mp8ok.jpg

j74thv.jpg

darn.

edit- looked at your flickr, and would not take advice from you to be honest

I don't think they're horrible... But I'm still a newbie too... So take this as a grain of salt ;)

They remind me of those horrid school pictures that everyone dreads because they may get a good smile out of you, but it's never really "you"... Know what I mean?

I'm not experienced at all (see my gear in sig...) but your lighting is screwy on these. It almost looks like a spotlight (albeit a soft one) shining on past your victims onto your background.

Is that a bed sheet? I'm not trying to offend, its just that it's not doing you any good. Maybe come up with a different backdrop, and reposition your lighting... try again.

Good luck!

I don't think they're horrible... But I'm still a newbie too... So take this as a grain of salt ;)

They remind me of those horrid school pictures that everyone dreads because they may get a good smile out of you, but it's never really "you"... Know what I mean?

I don't know why people think c&c means "Say 'I don't like it' or something else negative and leave it at that." If you don't like it that's fine but give some specific reason or actual criticism..

Or don't, it's the internet, whatever..

I'm not experienced at all (see my gear in sig...) but your lighting is screwy on these. It almost looks like a spotlight (albeit a soft one) shining on past your victims onto your background.

Is that a bed sheet? I'm not trying to offend, its just that it's not doing you any good. Maybe come up with a different backdrop, and reposition your lighting... try again.

Good luck!

haha it is a spot light. its a clamping garage light. I hate it but am waiting for my first paycheck from my new job to get triggers for my flash. the backdrop is a big piece of black fabric. i just havent ironed it out yet. thanks for the comments guys. like i said, it was my first time ever so i wasnt expecting anything spectacular

I don't know why people think c&c means "Say 'I don't like it' or something else negative and leave it at that." If you don't like it that's fine but give some specific reason or actual criticism..

Or don't, it's the internet, whatever..

C&C stands for "Comment and Critique"...

I mentioned that I am still a newbie and didn't exactly know how to put into words what was wrong with them so I gave an example... I gave a comment.

Step down off your soap box now. Thanks.

I'll say, not bad for cobbling stuff up around the house. I like the back lighting. maybe you could fake some DOF by blurring the background a bit in post?

i was just thinking that. i wish i had more room in the house to create some distance lol

darn.

You know its one thing to critique someones photos when they ask, just like you did, but to get ticked off when someone gives an honest opinion, and put down someone elses work is not cool. Grow up.

I will say, trying something new around the house is better than nothing, so keep on trying.

darn.

Dude you totally set yourself up for that. His pictures are not bad you were obviously just trying to get back at him.

But yeah not bad for using stuff around the house. What exactly did you use for lighting?

And I noticed a little red dot on the first and last picture at the top center looks like a stuck pixel would on a monitor, any idea what that is from?

You know its one thing to critique someones photos when they ask, just like you did, but to get ticked off when someone gives an honest opinion, and put down someone elses work is not cool. Grow up.
Yeah, but, that "someone else" is best ignored. Pretty much a troll. Report it as necessary.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back