Bored Strobist... 1 for CC

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know this wouldn't be good product photography, but I like the way it turned out.

Floor = new dining room table (Wife likes distressed furniture lol)
Lens = Sigma 85mm 1.4
Strobe = YN-460ii held above and slightly left of subject.

6792729181_03a433399d_b.jpg

I really like your wife's taste in furniture.

The shoe is Ok too. (Who puts thier shoes on the table....)

Sharp and crisp and clear....Just how I like it. Nice job!:thumbup:

LOL...

It came out great....really nice lighting. Really nice shot.

All I can say is "WOW !!". I am yet to try strobist.

Your wife has good taste in furiniture. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated!

Eddlum, Strobing opened up a whole new world of photography to me, its a blast to learn and really turns your pictures into something special (if done correctly)

I like it. Did you have anything on your strobe.. umbrella/softbox? How far above the shoe was it? I just got some strobes, but have yet to learn the tricks >.< Great job.

I like it. Did you have anything on your strobe.. umbrella/softbox? How far above the shoe was it? I just got some strobes, but have yet to learn the tricks >.< Great job.

Bare strobe, just out of frame (about 4-6").

Shot at f/11 (to get sharpest image possible), shutter 1/60 and adjusted strobe to my liking.

Davis
I went into the boredom shoot with the idea of shooting with 2 strobes (its all I have right now), but my sb600 is having some corrosion issues on the battery door and won't fire up :(

I need to figure out how to fix that thing.

What sort of ambient light was there at the time?
Were lights of, day or evening....?

Awesome shot!

My only critique (please keep in mind I'm new to photography) is the bright highlights towards the toe of the shoe (at the second lace) and at the bottom of the image on the table directly under "Zoom" on the sole. I'm not sure where you want the eye to be drawn to, but it definitely draws my eye away from the logo on the shoe. A snoot on the flash may help direct the light better(?). Other than that, it looks like a great product shot to me.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back