Boston Port (3 B&W)

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Lovely clouds prompted me to snap these, just long enough for movement, but not long enough for blurry cranes.

These are 40 year old de-commissioned cranes according to the port commanding officer.

Going for a little different look here, still the hammer, but not in color.

20080811-IMG_0227-0812080001a.jpg

20080811-IMG_0227-0812080001b.jpg

20080811-IMG_0227-0812080001c.jpg

Wow!

The clouds and pin-pricks of lights scattered throughout, as well as the silhouettes of the cranes look amazing! Without a doubt some of the best stuff I've seen from you. First and third are my favourites.

How did you get this unique effect? Is there anything to white balance of processing to achieve this?

thanks !

Certain shots look better with a tiny bit of brown, or red etc.. in them instead of just straight "Black and white" Expiramenting a little bit and then viola the right combination hit me. WB was a tad colder then hotter.

Great shots!

The third picture is really impressive. I love the perspective by which you highlighted the contrast between the high dark derrick and low brilliant buildings

Whoa! Number 1 has just blown my mind...

The brownish tone you added to these is very cool.

Veeeeeeeery cool, Thor.

What were you doing in Boston? That's my neck of the woods.

Muhahahaha

I'm in your Cities shooting yer buildings

thanks !

Actually I was inland about a block of the convention center thing right off the 93 looking towards the bridge with wires. But over , hard to explain I think, the police HQ was right around the corner if that helps. Lots of warehouses with fish coming in at all hours and semi rigs sitting around.

Very nice, may you please share the shutter speed you used?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back