Boulder River rambling

scole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scolephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
With a decidedly El Nino forecast of rain and a very high snow level, I opted to return to the forest along the Boulder River. I didn't expect to get a very springlike day without rain but welcomed it none the less!

The Boulder River is a very powerful river that flows through a tight valley with tons of rapids and boulders (obviously). Along the way, you're treated to a couple of waterfalls. I managed to explore a couple locations before the short winter days of the Northwest ended my day.

761311700_hn5QS-L.jpg

761311774_LStJq-L.jpg

761311901_E36yH-L.jpg

4. Minor waterfall in the left background..
761311996_rVPsx-L.jpg

761312110_iEkuN-L.jpg

6. The main attraction. Unfortunately, the spray from the waterfall is all over my lens
761312217_8og9Z-L.jpg

7. Last shot of the day. Getting too hard for auto-focus to work in the given light
761312343_qZi6w-L.jpg

Thanks for looking..

I was in CO last year for a business trip (two months). Did a little hiking on Longs Peak.

Anyway - I loved your photos. Great shots - my favs were #1 & #2.

I really like no.1 but you might want to play with the green saturation a little. Waterfalls and delayed shutter speeds can make some colors to bright for the proper feel. Just a thought. The composition is great though.

I like the last two images the wb seems a bit odd but still like it.

Got a little distracted after posting this but I appreciate the responses, everyone. These were the first comments I've seen about the white balance. Interesting. The last three are a bit weird but the first batch are pretty much what I remembered while in the field.

I now wish I would have processed #5 a little differently (I think it might have too much pop). The last two are weird but I chaulk that up to the fact that they were taken late in the day and it was getting darker and darker (and I used the same WB setting for the entire day). My F4 lens was starting to hunt for focus. Compare that to the first series of photos which were taken basically during the middle of the day.

Anyways, thanks for the honest feedback!

Steve

Most reactions

Back