Bower SFD 52C flash + macro ring kit

mr_sarge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
I'm kinda new to DSLR photography. I had a 300D that i've switched for a 350D couple of weeks ago. Photography is just a hobby for me so I don't spend a lot of money on this for now. I've bought a kenko macro tube and I must say it works verry well ! Used it with a sigma 28-90 and my canon 50mm prime lens.

I was looking for a ring flash to get better picture. Looking on BHphoto, I found the Bower SFD 52C flash combo. a normal flash + ring flash.
See it here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/...REG/Bower_SFD52C_SFD_52C_Dual_Intelligent.html

For the price, do you thing it can do the job? Keep in mind that for now, I didn't come across situation that require more power that the stock flash on the 350D for my normal photography. But for 50bucks more than the Bower flash ring alone, I supposed it could be good enough for me...

Thanks,

francois

The flash looks promising enough, but for that price. A little fishy. :D
I'd recommend getting the Sigma ringflash. It has only a ring. But as they say, you can't have em all!

The "Sigma EM-140" ?

I've read review from this sigma unit. people complain that there's only two small flash on each side of the ring. in the Bower unit it seam to be a true ring flash that make all the 360degres of the unit.

Not knowing much about this, don't know if it's best or not...

Also, the sigma cost twice the price of the Bower kit !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back