Boycotting Canada

And vice versa. I can't imagine what hoops would be like if fighting was allowed (especially right after the first jump ball).

Basketball used to be better back in the Bird, Johnson & Jordan era. Now it's way too many stoppages of play, fouls etc.. That what I like about hockey, constant action.

Fighting isn't allowed, just inevitable and penalized accordingly.

Best thing about hockey - it's not basketball.

How can you knock baseball? It happens to be the best non-addictive insomnia cure on the market I'll have you know... lol

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk
Not even close. Televised Golf is the non Ambien cure for insomnia. Any sport that the announcers have to whisper......IS NOT A SPORT!!!! :mrgreen:

And vice versa. I can't imagine what hoops would be like if fighting was allowed (especially right after the first jump ball).

Basketball used to be better back in the Bird, Johnson & Jordan era. Now it's way too many stoppages of play, fouls etc.. That what I like about hockey, constant action.

Basketball hasn't been interesting since they cut a hole in the bottom of the Peach Baskets. :D

Best thing about hockey - it's not basketball.

I suspect that one of the reasons they allow fighting in hockey is that they figure that two guys teetering on steel blades 1/8" thick, don't have that much stability to really deliver damaging blows - although with the steady drum of concussions revealed, that may finally change. Personally, I hate fighting - when it starts, I switch the channel. On the other hand, it does appeal to a certain segment of the population that is, how shall we put it, somewhat "simple" in their outlook?

We have real bacon!!
Canadian bacon sucks!! Take that!!!

Thats pretty low, no need to bring bacon into this.

Ah, don't worry, we didn't. Because Canadian "bacon" isn't...it's ham. :lmao:

I love hockey! You know why? Because every hockey game played brings us a few hours closer to another football season. :D

My first Hockey game I was 9 in 1972. I went to see the New Haven Blades. there was No helmets to speak of and goalies had the Jason friday the 13 mask thats it. Refs would punch the players,players would choke the ref.It is was blood bath the minute the puck dropped. here is what it looked like.Remembering The Night A Ref Punched A Player And A Goalie Choked The Ref Not to count the bomb threat called in.

Last edited:
No kiddin'!! I remember hearing this story.I'm about 25-30 north of syracuse,lived here all my life.I thought it was just a story that got more colorful over time. :)

No it was crazy. After the Blades came and went the New team The New Haven night hawks started.On one Home game the fans through everything down on visiting team beer,soda,popcorn what ever they had on them at the time. The visiting team members climbed over into the stands with there skates went up concrete stairs and had fist fights with the home crowd fans. They had every security and a lot of cops trying to break things up.A Lot of people got arrested that day. I am actually surprised No one Died at hockey games in New Haven CT.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back