Brand New to photo and need help

Sinstur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok so this is my first post and I would like to introduce my self as well as get some feed back. My name is Sean I'm 25 and I and very new to photo and have had no training and don't really know what I'm doing. I have a canon a630 and I need help. Please tell me what you think and what I can do better. First thing I should probably do is stop shooting with the auto setting on my camera lol but anyway please any feed back would be great and if you know anything i can do with my camera to take better pics please let me know.

Sean

now on to the pics

Picture094.jpg

Picture014.jpg

blah.jpg

Picture148.jpg

well the camera you are using is all auto settings. weather its night mode or the actual one called "auto" if you are looking into doing photography as more of a professional type thing, you may want to look into a DSLR like the Nikon D40 or canon rebel xt.

however, your pics look pretty good for a point and shoot camera. you even seem to have the rule of thirds down.

I'm pretty sure there are some manual settings at least thats what they told me when i bought the camera. and I'm probably going to sound like an idiot but whats the rule of thirds? And thank you for the feed back. Is there anything I could do better or different?

The rule of thirds is when you divide the image by 3 lines both ways and put the subject on one of the 4 intersection points.

Most reactions

Back