Brand spankin new

fotof1sh!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been browsing around a bit, and I decided to join and participate in this wonderful site.

I'm new to this forum and to photography itself...I just purchased my first DSLR and I'm still learning how to use it. I begin taking classes next Tuesday...so be gentle :p

Any advice or tips?

I think I want to jump right in and start asking for help on making my images better.

Ciao!

what did you get? Start saving money on new lenses! :)

Welcome! My tip is to start shooting and learn from you mistakes. Also, read, read, read and more reading.

I have a nikon d5000 with the kit lens.
I figure once I really feel confident with that, I can upgrade to a higher quality lens.

rainking: I've been reading SO much! I love it and I can't get enough.

OH darn.. another NIKON :( LOL jk.. Yeah.. the kit lens is plenty good. You can take good photos with that. Start postin some photos!

I have a nikon d5000 with the kit lens.
I figure once I really feel confident with that, I can upgrade to a higher quality lens.

rainking: I've been reading SO much! I love it and I can't get enough.

Haha, I know what you mean. I read books about photography, read magazines about photography, read photography forums and talk to other photographers about photography :lmao: I'm sure it will die down once I know as much as I want to know. I don't stop until I'm good at something I want to do. I went through the same phase as when I got into motorcycles.

Schwetty: Where do I post them?

rainking: you sound like the combination of myself and my boyfriend. He just works on his bikes all through the night, and I continually practice taking pictures (sometimes of him working on his bike...)

I'm new to this forum and to photography itself...I just purchased my first DSLR and I'm still learning how to use it. I begin taking classes next Tuesday...so be gentle :p

Any advice or tips?

I think I want to jump right in and start asking for help on making my images better.

Ciao!

Sell the camera, forget about photography. It is an expensive hobby and you will want to go pro in a couple of months to pay for it...Spend your time watching South Park, it is so much more interesting.

JK, listen to the others, they have more substantial answers...;):mrgreen:

:blushing: I thought it was something I said.

Browsing through the beginner's forum, I'm actually a little nervous about posting....some of you guys are ruthless!

Nah.. just dont say you will be doing a wedding in a couple of weeks.. then people will be very mean LOL

:blushing: I thought it was something I said.

Browsing through the beginner's forum, I'm actually a little nervous about posting....some of you guys are ruthless!

That's how you learn. Don't take it to heart and try to learn from it. If everyone said, "that's a nice shot", you wouldn't try to improve.

Ok I will keep that in mind.

I am going to attempt to take some pictures of pumpkins this afternoon...if all goes well I'll try to post them.

Thanks for making me feel welcome everyone!

Most reactions

Back