What's new

Break Time!

jmtonkin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
446
Reaction score
81
Location
Minnesota, South Dakota (for school)
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone! I've been working every waking hour of my life this summer (I'm a counselor at a Bible camp). I finally had a chance to get out my camera the other day and was looking for some feed back!

#1.
7634487254_9cc536bc76_b.jpg


This was a shot of the sunrise from on top of the mountain. I enjoy the sun peeking over the clouds. I've got mixed feelings over the large black lower 2/3s. I'm contemplating cropping it; what's your thoughts?

#2.
7634606402_af8224b0bc_b.jpg


Here is another shot of the sunset on the mountain.

#3.
7634598740_f356b97743_b.jpg


This was my first attempt at a night landscape shot. The trees look a little grainy, but I can't tell...
 
Also, in #3, the trees seem to have a brownish tint to them...Any ideas what might be causing that? They are not dead, btw...
 
1: I really love the negative space, but perhaps a little crop could help a little
2: I reckon this is the best! the clouds seem to 'grasp' the sun
3: I don't think that flash was the best idea, and the reason it is brown because there isn't enough light on it so it loses colour
 
I realized that I posted this in the wrong section fairly soon after I posted...For that, I apologize to everyone!

I really like the negative space; sometimes when I look at it, though, it looks too empty.

Number 2 is my favorite of the bunch as well!

For number 3, I wanted to illuminate the foreground while not over exposing the stars...Would it have been to stack two images instead?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom