Breaking The Limitations of Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like cherry. I could be persuaded. But I need some more incentive.

Quit your job. Then you're free to drink all the Kool-Aid you want. But only if doing so is more meaningful to you than your job.

And I'm sure your job allows you to live under a roof, wear silly clothes, eat food,...... meaningless existential stuff like that.

It really is. Part of me feels very very sorry for him. The rest of me wants to drop him in the middle of the Bronx and see how long it takes him to get out.

I feel sorry for him. He's oblivious to life and has no social skills. His parents probably sheltered and protected him for so long, that he started to believe his own reality. I have 3 kids myself, so I know how tough it is. I hope I don't make the same mistake his parents did.

if your bio is correct you're 19 or 20? That would explain how naive you are. Or maybe you're just trolling, who knows.

Either way, the worst part of this thread (which is truly bad) is that there is 10 pages of people responding to your tomfoolery, but amazing photography on here gets 2-3 pages of discussion max.

That was my thought too Jon... seems like we got our priorities mixed up.

Yeah, I don't see what real purpose this serves.

It seems like Josh did the same thing on the Art of Manliness site he mentioned that he seems to be doing here, posting controversial comments to get a lot of replies and points, etc. But what that really accomplishes or what satisfaction someone gets from that I'm not sure. (Other than to try to attract potential viewers to earn revenue on YouTube maybe?)

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with photography. It's been easy enough to look up some of the references such as to a character from a '90's video game, and I don't know why Josh you've made that into a name for your type photography, your videos or podcasts, etc., but there doesn't seem to be a reason for you to be posting about it on this site.

Josh if you really believe you are an innovative young photographer then you could try submitting your images to something like the Photo District News competition for up and coming photographers. (One just ended and I don't know when the next one is.)

There has been plenty of art and photography for a lot of years that has pushed boundaries or been unique and innovative even if it might have gotten criticized or not have been well accepted. There are contemporary art galleries and museums and exhibitions that display that type artwork. So if that's what you want to do, keep working at it (because I don't see it yet in what you've shown so far) and develop artistic skills and study art and photography etc. and see what you can accomplish. If you just want attention which seems to be the case, you seem to have gotten what you want.

If josh100LuBu really is the way to the future of art, then I want to see what he has next.

I think I can overlook his attitude long enough for that.

pizap.com14231813025852.jpg

Is this a fair representation of your photographic work? Early in the thread there was some discussion of it but I must have missed any links.

Anyway, since this is 'off topic' thread and no longer a photographic discussion. Tell us more about Captain Lamat and Lamatology. Did he really born in 1973? Was he a hero? Is he still alive?

Anyway, since this is 'off topic' thread and no longer a photographic discussion. Tell us more about Captain Lamat and Lamatology. Did he really born in 1973? Was he a hero? Is he still alive?
And more importantly, how did he get to be a Captain. It seems to me that a rank such as captain is rather vanilla and reeks of societal guidelines and group thinking. Just sayin...

I never gave you any orders or requests to do anything, I never once instructed you or anyone else to do anything on this forum. I'm qualified to speak about suppression of truth and people blindly following traditions because i've been on numerous protests and I run my own talkshow that deals with these subjects. I make podcasts that encourage people to quit their mundane jobs and pursue other more important goals. I like to empower people to master their own lives, have you ever listened to the David Icke weekly podcasts on the power of mindfulness? Well it's basically breaking free from the chains of structure and seeing the bigger picture of life in general. You weren't put on this planet to work 9 to 5 all day everyday and you don't have to.

I'll reiterate the question for you.

What are your qualifications?

If that wasn't clear enough, I'll repeat it.

Didn't catch it? Here it is again:

You can't judge a human being from a piece of paper with a grade on it, you just can't do that. Society does that and from that we become lost and out of touch. I have ran my own talkshow that was very successful and continues to be so, it ranked number 1 on The Art of Manliness forums for a week and it attracted a lot of guests. I had a Sasquatch investigator on and a paranormal investigator. I doubt you have your own show and I doubt you would ever have the resources or drive to create one, the true qualifications do not come from exams on paper (That is societies views of success) True success comes from the person perusing his or her own goals and smashing them completely. Being happy, healthy and productive stems from following ones heart not following another ones orders.
Were you the show following this one???

I thought I was done with this thread, but I decided to come back for one more post, just to make a request:

I was going to suggest not feeding the trolls, but I recognize that troll feeding can be a highly entertaining activity. So I'm going to suggest something else:

If you're posting in certain trollified, or just plain silly threads (not naming an SPECIFIC threads, mind you, just sayin')--clearly, you have some time on your hands. So, how about for every post you make in said troll thread, you also go and "feed" a couple of threads that are actually about photography? Pick two threads for each post, and give some C&C, or add your advice to a thread from a newbie asking a question. It'd be great to see those threads attracting a lot of attention too!

Oh, and that's just a suggestion. Not a demand. And no, I don't have any specific qualifications that give me the right to expect that from anyone. :lol:
But I do like Kool-Aid. :D

This is just sad.

It really is. Part of me feels very very sorry for him. The rest of me wants to drop him in the middle of the Bronx and see how long it takes him to get out.
Call me, I would be glad to fly over and pick him up and bring him to you.
enavion.gif

Can you put me up for the night though. I want to stick around and watch. :boogie::biglaugh:

To get back to photography, what lens do you suggest to capture photos of a troll fleeing for his life in the real world? I was thinking of a 70-200 f2.8, but I might need more reach as he is running down the street screaming like a little girl.

Last edited:
And more importantly, how did he get to be a Captain. It seems to me that a rank such as captain is rather vanilla and reeks of societal guidelines and group thinking. Just sayin...

He became a very successful pilot a very young age as a prophecy predicted. Quite a strange tale.

I thought I was done with this thread, but I decided to come back for one more post, just to make a request:

I was going to suggest not feeding the trolls, but I recognize that troll feeding can be a highly entertaining activity. So I'm going to suggest something else:

If you're posting in certain trollified, or just plain silly threads (not naming an SPECIFIC threads, mind you, just sayin')--clearly, you have some time on your hands. So, how about for every post you make in said troll thread, you also go and "feed" a couple of threads that are actually about photography? Pick two threads for each post, and give some C&C, or add your advice to a thread from a newbie asking a question. It'd be great to see those threads attracting a lot of attention too!

Oh, and that's just a suggestion. Not a demand. And no, I don't have any specific qualifications that give me the right to expect that from anyone. :lol:
But I do like Kool-Aid. :D
I'm on my lunch hour so I do have a few minutes of time to kill.

Here trollie, trollie, troll, troll..........

a1780091-233-Troll%20Food%202.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back