Breathe Carolina (band)

BPetrafassi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was my first real concert shoot, aside from my boyfriend's band.

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really looking to get enough experience to get press passes to shows.
any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I'd love to offer help, but band photography is totally out of my range of personal experience. But as long as they play open air during the day, you can't go wrong, can you?

What is the first? Can you explain how you brought that one about?

Well when i took that picture I was using my Macro fish-eye lens. When I took this I thought it looked really cool, because the man is surfing on the swarm of kids. If you notice the little lens flare, it makes me think that they are trapped in this bubble. lol

Warped tour eh? I went to the one in Boston Last week. Breathe Carolina was one of the bands we wanted to see.

Which Camera were you using? You got a press pass to this show?

Ha, I love MA warped tour, the crowd is ALWAYS better then they are here. lol.

I use a nikon D3000, no I didn't get a press pass.
I want to get one, I just don't know how.

Ha, I love MA warped tour, the crowd is ALWAYS better then they are here. lol.

I use a nikon D3000, no I didn't get a press pass.
I want to get one, I just don't know how.

Where is "here"?

And to get a press pass, you can use your blog. I know people who have done it using theirs to get into concerts and conventions. I'm sure it's different for every concert, but for warped specifically, you need to go here:

Vans Warped Tour 2010: June 25 - August 15, 2010: News From The Official 2010 Vans Warped Tour Site

and here:

Vans Warped Tour 2010

And then do a "media inquiry"

My question is, how in the world did you get a D3000 into the show when I couldn't get a forty year old film camera in because it had a removeable lens?

"here" is CT. Pretty lame. lol

Oh thank you! I'll have to look into those websites.

Haha, they almost didn't let me in with the camera, I had four security guys ask me if I had a different lens and question me about what I was shooting for. I guess they didn't care enough to make me get rid of the camera.

They meant an additional lens. I think they do have a limit on the type of lenses you can bring in though. Like all my lenses are big/long I think they only want little lenses, like in a cheap digital camera or something.
I don''t really understand why we aren't supposed to have professional lenses.

"here" is CT. Pretty lame. lol

Oh thank you! I'll have to look into those websites.

Haha, they almost didn't let me in with the camera, I had four security guys ask me if I had a different lens and question me about what I was shooting for. I guess they didn't care enough to make me get rid of the camera.

Best of luck on a photo pass.

And if you'd like to check out my blog entry on the concert it's here:

The Emergency Exit: Warped Tour 2010 (WWAWKD)

Thank you. :]

Honestly Loose the Macro fish eye or whatever you were using invest in good glass,other than that they looks pretty well composed. And if you can try to get the camera higher so peoples heads aren't in the way

Most reactions

New Topics

Back