Bridal Shoot

DiskoJoe

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All great shots mate.

My favorites are BY FAR 2 & 3. #1 and #4 seems a little flat in black and white - can you adjust the levels to make it pop more? Or maybe make it to where it's a tinted black and white (cream maybe?) #5 is pretty, but I'm just not a huge fan of big huge lens flares. Just my personal taste. :) Nice job!

Thanks. I'm on a new computer editing and I'm still working on adjusting the screen. I didn't want to get to much contrast on the images for fear they would actually be darker hen the look on my comp. Glad you like the color images. The veil really helped the overall look.

#1.... badly in need of fill... she is in the shade, and because of the backlight, her dress is not bright enough. The only part of her dress that is close to white is the two little patches catching sun (#1 Red Dot in the color sampler). Face is too dark.. the whole image is muddy. (this is NOT an edit.. merely showing the levels. If you want me to pull it, let me know, and I will)
. $1.jpg

#2.. I guess you were after that HAZY look that is so popular today? This would have been stunning shot with fill flash... to make her POP, and stand out from the background. As it is, no different than a million other shots.

#3 not bad... still needs a touch more fill to make her pop

#4 blown out sky... face is much too dark. There is too much background competing for attention with the bride. She doesn't "pop" so the background sort of wins....

#5 Flare? Ok.. that is popular. Again, fill flash would have made this a better image...

I get the feeling that the background / backlighting was more important in these images than the bride was. I am not knocking you or putting you down... just telling it the way I see it. I have seen you do much better work....

Last edited:
I feel ya on the need for fill. I was just a tag along so I didn't get a chance to hook up my flash. She was looking for that hazy over exposed kind of look. You'll probably see theo post up some his images soon. He had some ocf going and I was there watching and learning more then shooting. He would shoot most of the poses with and without flash to see which came out nicer.

Feel free to run the edit if you want. Ill send you the raw if you really want.

Last edited:
I love the 3rd shot where shes in the felid that shot is beautiful

Disko,

Since you said I could play with it, I did! Just wanted to see what I could do with it... let me know what you think.

Original on Top... Edit on bottom (I increased contrast, did some burning and dodging, and put the whites around 235 or so)

$both.jpg

NIce. Dress looks more vibrant now. I have another shot that is cropped almost exactly like this.

Most reactions

Back