Bride's Dress Falls Apart at Altar

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Don't you just hate when this happens? ~~~The newspaper is reporting today that a bride is suing a designer after her £2,000 wedding dress came apart on her big day. Apparently the stitching of her dress came apart while she was standing at the altar. It slid down and revealed her bottom to the whole congregation. The woman is claiming damages of 23,000 Euro (£20,000) from the designer, who was not named but is based at Rapallo, twenty miles from Chiavari, on the Italian Riviera.​

The 30-year-old woman, who cannot be named due to Italian privacy laws, claims her big day was ruined by the poor stitching, which left her bottom on display. According to the lawsuit, the bride was left in tears and the priest was left not knowing where to look. The priest concluded the ceremony and the couple were married but her lawsuit states she does not have any proper photographs of the ceremony because she was semi naked. As a result, she sued the shop in Rapallo that made the dress, for moral as well as financial damages.​

The incident happened in 2006 but details of the lawsuit only recently emerged following an initial hearing at the civil court in Genoa.​

It was followed by more bad news for the bride: she has now separated from her husband.

It was followed by more bad news for the bride: she has now separated from her husband.
Will she be suing him as well? :lol:

On a slightly similar note; a photographer that I work with, shot a wedding last month and she said that the bride was in a terribly foul mood all day. She snagged her dress on something and it set things off...she didn't even smile when she walked down the isle or at the alter.

WOW! :lol:

And yeah, that's a VERY bad omen on your wedding day if I ever heard of one! The more superstitious the bride is, the less it takes for the bad omen mentality to set in. Personally I'm not very superstitious but my wife is. I'm glad our wedding was 'snag' free, and believe me there's plenty that can go wrong at weddings!

So... as a photographer do you hold down the button and make that 6fps camera pay for it self? Or respectfully lens cap and head in sand?

*chuckle*
</toungcheek>

I shot a wedding two days ago; we had a rain storm blow in very quickly. One minute they were having a receiving line outside the church with great weather...and within two minutes, it was raining hard enough to flood the streets.

They say that rain on your wedding day is good luck...so good for them.

^ For me, would depend on how quiet the shutter is, and if that was below or above the noise level from all the gasps! :lmao:

^ For me, would depend on how quiet the shutter is, and if that was below or above the noise level from all the gasps! :lmao:

OK, made me laugh in class. Not cool when you are the instructor.

I read about that one already. Do you think she sued because nobody liked the look of her butt?

So... as a photographer do you hold down the button and make that 6fps camera pay for it self? Or respectfully lens cap and head in sand?

*chuckle*
</toungcheek>

that's a no brainer....

2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

best wedding photo album ever.

pascal

Not quite as funny...but during my last wedding, I was walking down a busy street with the groom and the groomsmen...and across the street from us, a homeless looking woman pulled down her pants, leaned against a post and urinated right there. I snapped a quick pic and one of the groomsmen joked that it would be the cover for their wedding album.

Most reactions

Back