Bridge

stevesuger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
does anyone use it?

i've noticed that every time i open a new file having just taken it, it changes (what looks like the white balance of the photo) just before fully loaded. the photos look similar to what they look like on the camera then something is altered straight away.

anyone know what the story is with this?

this is before i select the image
beforeforphotoforumvl9.jpg

this is after
afterforphotoforumrc5.jpg

you can see that the colouring has changed somewhat. is this an automated function of bridge, anyone know?

There was a post a couple of weeks ago about using bridge to edit....Bridge is only a file viewer/organizer the way I understand it. What I have noticed though, is when you first select the photo, or when the photo is unselected, it is shown with less quality. As soon as you click the pic it comes up and then shows a better quality image. Or, and this is just a maybe, you have different color schemes going on. I had adobe 98 RGB that my camera was taking and photoshop is under sRGB scheme so it would tell me they are different color spaces when I was trying to edit. See if you can select a different color space in either PS or within your camera.

thanks for the help, ill try that

When you open the file in bridge it loads the preview off the raw file while it processes the RAW. Yes the preview looks like it did on the camera, but the final view is what it looks like after the RAW processor has worked the file and loaded it's colour profile sharpening contrast etc to the image.

It can go either way personally I greatly prefer the bridge / lightroom rendition of the file. I go back to pictures taken in JPEG and they all look so over saturated and lacking snap and realism.

Most reactions

Back