Brittany and Patrick - Romantic Engagement

Tim Ray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
timrayphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This past weekend I had the opportunity to shoot the engagement portraits for Brittany and Patrick. They really had a great time, and I think that their love comes through in the photographs. You can view more on our blog.

2431232939_a2d6c2d92d_o.jpg

2432050010_1aa613eb40_o.jpg

2432051284_abf727766f_o.jpg

2431234195_7bd94475e1_o.jpg

dont take it personal but i hate feet being photographed!

The feet picture would have been better if you had the focal point on her feet instead of his.

4 has a very sensual feel. I'm sure they'll like that shot. All of them look nice though.

Wow Tim, those are awesome! May I ask, what lens do you use to shoot your portraits? And what are your PP techniques?

Wow Tim, those are awesome! May I ask, what lens do you use to shoot your portraits? And what are your PP techniques?

Thanks Jamie,

I use Nikon D2X,and the 80-200 2.8, and 17-55 2.8 lens for this series of images. I also use 50 1.4 and 85 1.4 for my portrait work. I love to photograph in soft lighting with the strongest light coming from behind the subject. These were all shot in raw, brought into Lightroom and the best ones flagged, then color corrected with my custom presets added, finally I add the final touches in Photoshop, I love Kevin Kubota's actions and can't recommend them enough.

Amazing photos. There love really shows, and i think you did a great job capturing that.

Oh wow, I absolutly love these. The only thing I would say is I agree about the focus being on his feet instead of hers. But I just love these, engagement sessions are so much fun b/c there is just so much emotion going on to capture!! Great job!

I agree that the foot shot would have looked better with the focus on the girl's feet. I actually focused on the jewelry on her ankle. If I did that shot again I will have stopped down more for more depth of field, but I'm just nitpicking.

Most reactions

Back