Broke out the 35mm

Dinardy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot a couple exposures of Fuji XTRA400 through my Minolta XE-7/50mm 1.7 the other day. I usually lend this camera to a friend if they don't have one of their own. I'm not a very good teacher, so usually their photos come out underexposed and OOF.

This last roll I got back had 15 images of a friend I took out on my last hike, the last 10 were mine. Out of the 10 I made 2 pictures. It was nice to once again flood with the mixed feelings of overwhelming excitement and disappointment all in the same minute of review. I ordered Ilford HP5 plus and Kodak Ektar 100 to play with this weekend.

enezyvyv.jpg

jedejyve.jpg

Last edited:
Nice colors from that Fuji XTRA. I'm not usually big on kid pics, but that second one is really nice.

Nice colors from that Fuji XTRA. I'm not usually big on kid pics, but that second one is really nice.

Thank you 😊

Those are nice, lovely color. They look - real. I never quit shooting film, I just added a digital camera to the collection/ I now am up to three vintage lenses to use with that.

And more film cameras, mostly thrift store priced midcentury finds. Or older. I seem to be going back in time.

Those are nice, lovely color. They look - real. I never quit shooting film, I just added a digital camera to the collection/ I now am up to three vintage lenses to use with that.

And more film cameras, mostly thrift store priced midcentury finds. Or older. I seem to be going back in time.

I agree, they do look "real" they spark similar emotion to that of what I felt that evening... It's a really nice feeling.

I think... I'll be shooting a bit more film this summer 😀

Cute pics. I like both frames, for different reasons. I saw some of that Fuji XTRA at WalMart in three-packs of 24 ex rolls for $9.99...I almost bought some...been shooting more film this year that I had shot in the prior ten years, I'd guess. Seeing these makes me want to commit some family pics of my son to film.

Cute pics. I like both frames, for different reasons. I saw some of that Fuji XTRA at WalMart in three-packs of 24 ex rolls for $9.99...I almost bought some...been shooting more film this year that I had shot in the prior ten years, I'd guess. Seeing these makes me want to commit some family pics of my son to film.

We have a similar deal up here, but even at 10.99 I bought a pack. I didn't really expect much from these rolls but I really enjoyed the color in these two and I don't see myself enlarging much more than this. I might need to pull another lender body out of storage... I spent about $9.00 a roll on amazon for the Ilford and Kodak, Ouch!

Yeah...film costs have risen high enough that I've started looking around for ways to cut film costs, so I can shoot more and not pay a lot for the satisfaction of hearing the shutter click. Since I quit shooting film regularly in the late 1990's, the price of film and processing has really,really gone up to the point that I've become price-sensitive.

Yeah...film costs have risen high enough that I've started looking around for ways to cut film costs, so I can shoot more and not pay a lot for the satisfaction of hearing the shutter click. Since I quit shooting film regularly in the late 1990's, the price of film and processing has really,really gone up to the point that I've become price-sensitive.

Yeah... At $10 a roll and $10 to process, I can see myself going broke fairly quickly!

Most reactions

Back