Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really enjoyed this one. C&C welcome!
1.) colour
IMG_1657.jpg

2.) B&W with red filter and some contrast.

IMG_1658.jpg

I like! The color is WAY better than the B&W.

:thumbup:

Color is definitely better! What is this picture of exactly?

I agree that the color version is better!

Thanks for all of the responces.
The picture is just a close up of soapy water. :)
Now that i have looked at them more I agree that the colour takes it. The depth and layers show much better!

Easy set up really,
I got a glass mixing bowl and put soapy water in it ( I was washing it at the time ) Lifted it up off of a white table about 3 inches with some candles ( my girlfriend has hundreds ) and slid my iphone undernieth. The colour comes from putting a picture of a flower up on my phone and used it as light for the colour shot. I do not have any flashes so lol I have to use what i can. Turned the lights off in my closet and viola! I used the google site for the black and white one because it was white, for the most part.
Shot with my tamron 90mm macro 1:1 as close as i could get focused.
Weighted my tripod down with a clothing iron, (Carpet sucks)
Used shutter lock up,
Remote trigger,

colour was f/6.7 1/7 second ISO 400
B&W was same lens,
f/6.7 1/8 ISO 400
both shot in Ap prefered mode. I guess the B&W was a tad brighter.
I was going with smaller apatures to get it all clear but you could see Google in every bubble lol. I played with it using some cool pictures on my phone but simple was good here. It became a little too much. Thats another try all together!

I always give a thumbs up when someone puts creativeness into the process of taking a picture. I think it sais something about ones interest in photography.

Oh, on emore thing.... :thumbup:

:thumbup:
Normally im a B&W person too. I have always been and "Ansel Adams" fan. Even tho he became office decor :( but ohh well right?

Most reactions

Back