What's new

Budget back light options

addyboo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Mission, BC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am on a tight budget.
What's the best type of back light to use for portraits, especially black backgrounds? I want to make my subject "pop" away from the background a little more....especially dark haired people.

Also if you can recommend any other lighting options for indoor portraits let me know. I am working with an SB600 with a flash trigger. I also sometimes have issues with my flash on black backgrounds. I can set up my umbrella on a white background and it snaps away with no hesitation. When I try it on the black background it doesn't. It blurs and doesn't like to click fast. Should I be setting my camera up different? Working on a Nikon D5000.
 
The cheapest backlight will be an inexpensive second-hand flash triggered either via PC cord, or with a second flash-trigger.

I'm not sure I understand your issue with the backgrounds. Do you mean that the camera won't focus properly, or that the flash won't fire properly, or ??
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom