Bug shots on my macro!

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On my walk today I was looking for bugs to shoot. Found a couple here that I would like to hear from you all about what you think and what you would do different. These were shot on a tamron 90mm.

1.) This one is a Squash bug they have here in Florida. just a freaky looking bug lol. had to shoot it.
4494739149_c9a85648e6_b.jpg

2.) I know it is just another bee shot but I am learning and you have to learn the easy stuff first right? I want to get shots of insect eyes. I think they are pretty cool pics but i will need to get a teleconverter?

4494738713_97a999c739_b.jpg

3.) This is not a bug but I was walking buy an it caught my interest. I couldnt get the angle i wanted so i shot it at about F18. I thought it looked like a hippo and I do love grains in wood and woodwork.

4494739829_6522511c31_b.jpg

I like close ups of bugs in general, but the angle you shot them at doesn't do anything for me. I like to see more bug. They also seem a little out of focus, but that could be my computer.

As for the wood, I totally see the hippo! :lol:

These are awesome... makes me want a macro lens. I see a lot of different things in #3.. squid even..

#1's really an outstanding shot I think, interesting subject and I like the way the background contrasts with whatever he's standing on... also how the dark green in the back doesn't distract.

Thanks!
I would like to get a little closer myself but that's about as close as i wanted to get to that one in 1.). He scared me lol.
as for the bee it was pretty windy outside and it took a little while to shoot one facing me on the flower i had pre-focused. I wanted to get the face. I think it was shot at about /250. maybe i could have worked at 1000 or so to drop what motion blur i might have. just looking at my 2.5 inch LCD in the mid day sun i couldn't tell clarity. I would like to get a little closer but for now...

Which macro do you have?

Good shots.

If you had shaded the bug in the first shot you could have avoided the harsh shadows. All you need is a helper to carry around a shoot through umbrella. ;)

Good shots.

If you had shaded the bug in the first shot you could have avoided the harsh shadows. All you need is a helper to carry around a shoot through umbrella. ;)

Thanks, I pulled out my little square of foil I use to fill but it blocked to much light. Good idea I should make something small to do just that! Good advice

Most reactions

New Topics

Back