bugging questions

grooski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've had this question for a long time. Why do professional pictures look so much better then mine (quality wise)? It's like it just off the screen. Like i've seen Jim brandenburgs photos look bright and colorful. Is it the film, filters, the exposer, the camera, or what?

the best thing in a picture is the exposure and lighting. tweaked just right, and the pictures will explode on the screen. also, lenses are about 80% of a good setup.

md

ksmattfish said:
All of the above, plus a lot of time and practice.

ditto.

i put in alot of post processing work into my shots - usually to making the lighting stand out more... would agree with Voods that lighting is a crucial element!

MDowdey said:
tweaked just right, and the pictures will explode on the screen.

I wear 3d glasses when I view my photos and they explode off the screen.

Seriously though, I agree with everyone here. Getting a good exposure, and then taking time to develop it properly. That's my formula if you will.

Lighting of course and resolution of your digital

Lighting and composition are the two most important things. If it is only the colour that u are not happy about your pics, then try to know a bit more about film selections and filtres, even though nothing can beat the natural lighting at the right time. Composition-wise, cropping can usually help for a bit. All in all, u've gotta have passion on your subjects while taking your pics. Believe me on this, pls., the passion that u put in REALLY shows and would make a real difference on your works (same thing applies for cooking :)). My 2 cents.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back