Built a light box...

Geno

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So after doing some research I decided to build a light box. I used PVC for the frame and my wife sewed the covering. For lighting I used 4 250 watt halogen lights. Backgrounds are various colored sheets of poster board. This was also my first time using an 18% gray card for white balance. All I can say is that I am pretty impressed with the results. It's great that something so simple could produce great results. Here are a couple of the first pictures I took. Please let me know what you think.

1) This is just snap of the setup in my garage
Operation.jpg

2) Not trying to send any message, just grabbed something simple
ShotgunShellsResize.jpg

3) I thought that this was the best of the series.
JoseCuervoPurpleResize.jpg

Also as a disclaimer before anyone decides to point it out...no drinking took place. Alcohol and firearms do not mix.

Thanks for looking.

Excellent work. I recently built one of these myself but I used a corrugated box instead of PVC pipe (that is a really great idea for durability).

What type of material did you use for the sides/top? Looks like a white bed sheet of sorts.

Edit: The lighting is a little dull on the Tequila bottle. I'm no pro when it comes to lighting, but maybe you could try a piece of Aluminum Foil on one side as a reflector to get more light to enhance the features a bit more?

What type of material did you use for the sides/top? Looks like a white bed sheet of sorts.

I'm not sure of the exact weight of the fabric, but it is about the same as a white bed sheet.

Edit: The lighting is a little dull on the Tequila bottle. I'm no pro when it comes to lighting, but maybe you could try a piece of Aluminum Foil on one side as a reflector to get more light to enhance the features a bit more?

4) This one is a bit brighter, used a semi-reflective background
Jose_Cuervo_Silver_Resize.jpg

Nice work (the photos and the box). I like the second tequila bottle better, I like the reflection too.

I'm not sure of the exact weight of the fabric, but it is about the same as a white bed sheet.

4) This one is a bit brighter, used a semi-reflective background
Jose_Cuervo_Silver_Resize.jpg

Yeah, that is much better!

Thanks for the info, too. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back