Bulb Mode Without Over Exposure?

mad_max247

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How do i use bulb mode without getting an over exposed image? i keep on trying but all i get is a paper white image!

Please help! :wink:

There are a couple of ways:

If you are trying to get a really long exposure to capture a sense of moving water, for example, then try:
-Adding an ND Grad or two to decrease the amount of light let in
-Increasing the aperture value

There's more ways, I should think, but I'm new to this!

You can't just set any old shutter speed you want. You need to understand exposure. Obviously, too much light is coming in. If you want a long shutter speed, you need to cut down the light another way, like Keagle said.

Try getting some books on exposure and reading up. "Understanding Exposure" by Brian Peterson is a good one that you can find at your local library.

You can't just set any old shutter speed you want. You need to understand exposure. Obviously, too much light is coming in. If you want a long shutter speed, you need to cut down the light another way, like Keagle said.

Try getting some books on exposure and reading up. "Understanding Exposure" by Brian Peterson is a good one that you can find at your local library.

Exactly, no matter what you want it to do the light coming in to your camera has a certain exposure.

Most reactions

Back